Tuesday, May 15, 2018

POOR RL WITH HAND FOOT AND MOUTH and A 1928 BIRTHDAY

Another very interesting morning when both g-daughters arrived. This morning RL was the one constantly crying. Bless her heart she has a huge Hand Foot and Mouth blister on the tip of her tongue and can't eat without it hurting. She tried every food we have in the kitchen that she usually eats and she would just spit it out it hurt so bad. She cried and cried and finally after I got back in from getting the chores done I called her mom and told her she would have to leave work and be with RL as she was crying for her.
She picked her up about 9:15 and took her to see if she would eat a milkshake and also called the doctor for a mouth rinse to hopefully help numb the blister on her tongue.
IR has a suspect red bump in the joint of one of her legs so this may very well be what has been making her feel crappy the last 2 days and she is having a light case of the bumps.
Hubbie, IR and I headed out to have my Honda Inspected, have some keys made and pick up chicken feed.
IR went to sleep and slept the entire time we were gone.
We came home and unloaded the feed and then came inside to have lunch. IR woke up to have lunch with us but didn't want much to eat.
The clouds are really starting to build this afternoon and it looks like rain could start any minute.
I have been needing to go to the laundry with all our furniture covers for a couple weeks so even though I can't hang out the rugs to line dry I decided to get this task done today while we only had one g-daughter.
She was a willing participant and liked watching the activity in the laundry.
I look a lot happier than I really was in this picture. After loading all my covers and rugs into the big machines . I looked around at the dryers and they were almost all full and this one little Hispanic lady was actually running to each dryer as it was emptied with a handful of wet clothes and occupying it until all the dryers were running.
I thought about complaining to the manager but my things weren't ready to go in a dryer anyway so I just watched as a few more laundry doers also took notice of what was going on and they were ready for dryers. Finally someone one did complain and the lady was stopped. Thankfully by the time I was ready for dryers she had taken her things out of several dryers and I had available dryers to use.
It's funny how some people can be so inconsiderate to everyone else. It was obvious this lady must have been doing laundry for several people but to put only a handful of wet things in a big dryer was pretty ridiculous.
We came home and I fixed IR a bottle for hubbie to try and get her down for another nap while I got all the laundry put away. 
At least I won't have to do this again for several months and I learned that mornings are much better than afternoons to go to this laundromat.
D-in-love brought RL back up here while she went out to the middle school with g-son to choose a band instrument so he can be in the middle school band next year.
She was still pitiful and was trying to eat and drink and crying because it hurt.
Daughter came in to pick up IR  just as d-in-love brought g-son back. 
Hubbie is taking g-son to his last soccer practice tonight while d-in-love stays home with RL.
After everyone left I watched the early news and then went out to get the chores done hopefully before the promised rain gets here.
I just barely got everything fed before the raindrops started to fall.
Hubbie came home and we had a light supper and waited for the rain to hopefully slack so he could get his dogs taken care of for the evening.
My pretty red Rhodie isn't doing well and only has a few big pretty blooms this year.
To continue the early May decade pics with another May birthday in May 1928. Margaret  West Pryor who was the daughter of my dad's second wife before she married my dad was born on May 14,1928.
My dad adopted her through the Buncombe county court system and apparently it was a pretty simple thing back then according to the letter that was attached to the adoption card.

This is a photograph Margaret sent to my dad later in her life. 
She was a very pretty lady. She married a man with the last name of Rizzo and had a son named John Rizzo. As far as I can find out she lived her life in or around New York. I have looked several times for more information on her and would have loved to have reconnected with her or her family but have never had any success finding information.
Talked to Tif today and they had a wonderful day of beach fun today and only a short rain shower this evening there for them.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying hard for g-daughter RL tonight as she fights this disease.
God Bless and Good Night.


1 comment:

linda m said...

I am always sad when I hear about little ones not feeling good. I sure pray you 2 little g-daughters feel better soon. Blessings