Saturday, May 26, 2018

ANNUAL GARDEN JUBILEE

Earlier than usual alarm this Saturday morning as we try and get to market before all the parking spots in market's lot are taken up by customers going to the Garden Jubilee up on Main Street.
Memorial Day weekend calls for the patriotic clothing today.
I hurried though chores and we made it to market about an hour earlier than usual. Market was bustling when we got there at 8:15.

Daughter and IR were already there manning the office.
Hubbie and I got set up and then I manned out booth while he and IR went on a long walk .
She went to sleep and slept for a good nap even with everyone oohing and awing over her.
She was hubbie's job today as daughter stayed busy with market business and I stayed very busy with our baked goods . We had a very good day for this holiday weekend.
After market hubbie went home to hopefully get a start on mowing the grass before the rains move in.
Daughter , IR and I decided to make our annual trip up the street to the Garden Jubilee. We usually load up on flowers and herbs from there but this year she is living in an apartment and I am just not in the mood to plant a lot of things. This was our lightest load ever from this festival as I only bought one plant and a birthday gift for RL and daughter only bought a sign to put in her new house kitchen.
It was a beautiful day for the festival and there was a lot of interesting things to see, this tea party set was one of my favorites.



As we headed back to the cars we could hear thunder in the distance getting closer and closer.
We made it back to the cars and headed home.
I ran into heavy rain about a mile before I got to my house. It was raining so hard when I got home that I sat in the Honda and waited for the rain to slack off some.
We finally got things unloaded. Hubbie hadn't gotten any lawn mowing done and it rained all afternoon into the evening.
We rested and watched the rain then had to get out anyway and get the chores done. I had to change pants when I got inside and hang the ones I had on up to dry.
Thankfully #1 son's family had some nice sunshine for the kids to enjoy the camping trip in today.



I dumped almost 1 inch of rain from the gauge already for us and there must have been some heavier rain further up the creek because as we drove over the creek on the way out to Ingles tonight the creek was very high already. We ran out to Ingles to get cook out supplies for lunch tomorrow.
Thankful for a wonderfully busy day and the strength that God blesses me with each and every day.
God Bless and Good Night.










No comments: