Thursday, May 10, 2018

BUSY BUSY MARKET DAY

Back to the regular 2 g-daughter morning today. I got chores done while the girls had breakfast then we headed out . The girls were so sweet riding on the way to RL's pre-school as she sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and IR tried her best to join in. I wished I wasn't driving so I could have recorded it.
We dropped RL at school and IR and I met hubbie at market. We took turns unloading and setting up and entertaining IR.
She wasn't having a nap this morning and her face showed her attitude for most of the day.
I had a very busy day of sales today and was pleasantly surprised at all the customers that came through market today. I really wonder what this means for Saturday's sales ???
At one time during the morning we had to let IR watch a video on the laptop so hubbie could help me sell.
We finally gave up on getting IR to nap and hubbie took her with him to the dump to hopefully get her to take a nap riding. It worked and he brought her back in market asleep but she didn't sleep long  but was in a happier mood when she woke up.
We all ate lunch then started getting ready to leave market. 
Just as we got everything loaded and started out of the parking lot a surprise rain shower started. The sun was shining so I looked for a rainbow but didn't see one but the sky back toward our area was really dark so I figured we must be getting a bad storm.
I went to the bank, the PO, Ingles and Aldi . Hubbie had taken IR on home and he called to say it was storming but we had missed the bad rain and hail that some of our neighbors just up the road had gotten.  We are prayerfully thankful that our new garden plants didn't get hailed on.
I got home at 4:00 and hubbie helped me unload.
Daughter came in right after we got things put away and helped do a quick clean up for a dinner party we are having tonight.
A good friend of mine, Susie Rindal was coming over to have dinner this evening. 
Daughter and IR left and hubbie and I got the chores done early. I dumped 1/4 inch of rain from the gauge from the afternoon storm.
Hubbie grilled some New York strip steak and I baked potatoes. Susie is bringing the salad.
We had such a wonderful visit . Susie and I have been friends for many years, we are the same age and think a lot alike so conversation comes really easy for us when we get together. She spends part of her time in her home in Florida and part up here in the house she was raised in Flat Rock.
I forgot to have hubbie take a recent pic of us together tonight but I found this old one from 2016. Susie was just recovering from cancer treatment in this pic and she looks so much better now.
I will always treasure this friendship and hope to have many more evenings like this one with this special lady.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Sounds like you had a very productive day. So glad you were able to have a good friend over for dinner and conversation. Have a blessed weekend.