Monday, April 30, 2018

APRIL GOES OUT WITH A BANG (LITERALLY)

This last day of April 2018 broke cold at 32 degrees and beautifully sunny. Both g-girls were in great moods to start this week off. I tried to talk RL into staying here today because of a yeast infection she has that is really bad and making her uncomfortable but she insisted on going to school.
I had to chuckle as I headed out to get the chores done before we left at the memories of a time many years ago that I was doing this same thing with her brother. I don't remember why but I remember trying to talk him out of going to school one day when he also insisted on going.
She was happy when we arrived and went running right in and started to play with her classmates.
I came home and had breakfast then got weekly laundry started.
IR was napping and when she woke up we fed her and gave her a morning bottle.
She is getting so big !!!!!!

I worked on laundry and changing out bed covers all morning until it was time to go pick up RL.
She was in a great mood when I picked her up and was really hungry.  After she finished her little lunch I had brought her she konked out for a good nap.
Hubbie carried her inside and I'm glad we have 2 couches in our living room now . You can definitely tell it is Monday around here and everyone is recovering from a busy weekend.

Hubbie and had a quiet lunch and I went back to the laundry while IR woke up and had her lunch.
Her and hubbie sat out in the sunroom to give RL a chance to get her nap out.
When she work up and had her snack we were sitting in the living room watching TV when we heard a loud boom and the windows rattled in the house. Hubbie and I knew immediately what had happened as the TV went black and the lights shut off.
As I dialed the power company's number hubbie and RL went out to see if they could find the cause.
By the time IR and I got outside RL was pointing to the culprit. This large squirrel with burned fur from head to tail from touching the power lines on our transformer lay lifeless under the power pole.

Thankful for a very nice upper 60's afternoon to play outside while we wait on the power folks to reset our transformer and get our lights back on.

 Airplane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thankfully the 6:15 time to get the power back on didn't hold up and the power truck pulled up in about an hour.
RL had to meet them and tell them about the big boom and show them the squirrel. We all got a good laugh when she stood looking down at the squirrel and wondered aloud if he was "a nice squirrel" ??
After the power men left she helped hubbie dig a shallow grave for the squirrel and she said he went to squirrel Heaven !
D-in-love brought some friends kids home with her while their mom worked late and IR was enjoying the attentions of Emelia .
After everyone left hubbie and I did chores . I took the plastic window covers off my hen houses this evening. The overnight temps tonight are going to go back down around 40 but tomorrow it will feel like summer time with temps near 80 degrees.
We came inside and I blogged and then got ready for an early bedtime as we get this week started.
The good news of the day came this evening in a text from Re informing me that she had won the appeal filed by the girls other aunt Susan and gets to keep her nieces at least for now. There are a couple other hurdles to cross but it looks like God has His hand in this and that He wants these girls to be with Re and Aa.
On this last day of April as I look back over this month at the strange weather we have had I surely wonder what May will bring.
April has felt like a winter month instead of a spring month with many below freezing nights and lots of cold rainy and snowy days.
The month began with a wonderful Easter Sunday and an egg hunt with all the kids here.
Hubbie and I got out spring garden vegetables planted the first of the month between rainy days.
A sad memory for this month will be the loss of our 4-legged kid Bernie who had suffered with an enlarge heart for several years.
I had several batches of chicks hatch this month and purchased 6 baby guineas to help with the insect population around the yard.
I made a move at market when the neighbor by the door gave his tables up and I got to move on them to make it easier on us to get all my baked goods in and out of market.
Along with all this we had kids here most everyday this month to enjoy and watch grow up.
#1 son has gotten a fence started to expand his yard and is working on that.
#2 son has spent the month getting settled in his new home and getting all the yardwork done.
Daughter has spent the month working on getting a septic permit for the property she is buying and finally on this last day she got it okayed so she can move to the next step in buying it. She has got her house picked out and ready for the production line.
As God continues to bless each member of my family we are eternally grateful for the grace and love of a Wonderful Savior and Lord as we look forward to what He has in store for us in the next month.
God Bless and Good Night.




1 comment:

linda m said...

That pesky squirrel would have scared the crap out of me. Isn't there something that can be done to keep them off the wires? So happy Re won here appeal. This two girls need a stable God fearing, environment right now. They don't need to be shuffled around from home to home. I am so happy God chose to leave them withAa and Re. Blessings