Wednesday, April 11, 2018

SUNSHINE AND NEW WINTER STORM

Both g-daughters were here early this morning to get the day started.
I got chores done and took RL to pre-school. Had a nice chat with my nephew Aaron as he helped me carry RL and all her restocking supplies into her classroom.
I came home and had breakfast and then fed IR her morning bottle. She took a good hour long nap and hubbie and I got some little jobs done inside and outside the house while she slept.
We had lunch then decided to sit outside on this beautiful sunny mid 60's day and soak up some sunshine for the first time this season. IR loved it outside with all the sounds.
This first Azalea that blooms always usually suffers some frost and freeze damage like it has this year with the brown flowers on top.
Some of my Money Plant is blooming around the yard.
As I looked out over the highway from my front door step I wondered when this view will become blocked by all the green leaves of the trees on the hill in front of the house.
Also a pretty blooming plant is this Easter cactus that is in the sunroom. It is really pretty this year.
IR came inside and went back to sleep for another hour until daughter came to pick her up.
She was in a much happier mood after her good rest periods today.
After they left I baked some brownies to take to market tomorrow and put our last 2 sweet potatoes from our Fall stock in the oven for our supper.
I did chores and finally got a count on this Silkie's chicks . She has 5 little red and white silkie chicks.
I took a long walk around the bottom pastures again today. My knees feel so much better with just these 2 days of walking in the evening. 
Apparently my younger brother who has the pasture next to ours is selling all his cattle and the buyer was loading them up today.
I came back to the house and we had our sweet potatoes for supper and then I did weekly paperwork and paid bills then watched Survivor on TV before getting things ready for market.
Looks like we are going to use the entire alphabet in winter storm names this season as the "X" storm ,Xanto, was named today and will affect us this weekend with predicted heavy rains up to 2 inches and then a shot of more winter like temps for the first of the week.
I'm sure the folks in the northern states all across the nation are scratching their heads wondering if this winter is ever going to end as they get pounded with more snow.
Thankful to know that God is in control and He knows exactly what He is doing !!!
Feeling blessed tonight.
God Bless and Good Night





1 comment:

linda m said...

Spring sure looks pretty down by you. Can't wait for it to arrive here. Winter just doesn't seem to want to leave this year. Blessings