Saturday, April 21, 2018

GOOD MARKET DAY AND CHICK MOVING

Got chores done and headed out to market a few minutes early today. The customer traffic is slowly increasing each week and today I saw some folks that I haven't seen since last Fall so that means the summer migration has started.
I had a very good sales day today thankfully.
The lady I talked to yesterday about our manager job opening didn't come in today as she said she might if she thought she might be interested in the job so it may be back to the drawing board for another candidate.
Hubbie stayed and helped all morning with sales.  Another of our long time vendors turned the big 90 today and we brought in a cake to help her celebrate.  Happy Birthday Christine.
Hubbie left to get home and work on some things outside and I left after market to make a couple stops at Walgreens and Ingles on my way home.
Daughter came in right after me to pick up her soup that I brought home for her. The soup maker had broccoli cheese soup today and we both love this.
She helped hubbie and me get unloaded and then went to the barn with hubbie to get her lawn mower out to get pictures to advertise it for sale.
She is going to sell hers and buy #2 son's since his is a better mower and he doesn't need a riding mower up at this mountain home.
I waited on a cake customer to pick up a coconut cake and then hubbie and I went to work on changing some chicks around to get the baby guineas out of the basement as they are already starting to kick up a lot of dust.
We moved the teen age chicks from the first hatch of the season into this old rabbit hutch where they can get more sunshine. I'll leave their white silkie mama with them until the night temperatures go up a little bit and then she can go back to the regular silkie lot.
I cleaned their brooder box out and hung a heat light in there for the baby guineas which will give them much more room.
They are cute little buggers with their little beady black eyes. With all these multi colored feathers I wonder what color adult guineas they will become.
I worked all evening on getting things changed around and getting the light hooked up while hubbie worked on daughter's lawn mower and got it ready to sell.
We finally got inside about dark so it was a long day.
Daughter and son-in-love spent a good part of the day at Biltmore house looking at all the beautiful spring blooms with IR.



We spent a restful evening and went to bed early.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love of Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: