Sunday, April 8, 2018

NURSERY DUTY AND 1958 EASTER

A relaxing Sunday morning today as everyone has plans today so we are fixing a small lunch for just #2 son and Tif when they come after some more of their things out of the barn.
We had nursery duty at church and had a pretty easy day with only 3 little 2-year olds.

We laughed as g-daughter RL called Pawpaw and the other 2 kids started to call him Pawpaw also.
We left church and came home to lunch. Hubbie and I ate alone as #2 son and Tif were over at my nephew's house driving a car he had for sale. Tif is looking for a cheap gas saver to drive back and forth to work so she can leave her new jeep at work.
They are buying a 2000 Honda  Accord from my nephew.
They came in and ate a late lunch and then hubbie and son loaded all their left over things from the barn and sheds while Tif and I had a nice visit. Since they moved up on the mountain on the other side of town we don't get to see them as much so it is nice to catch up .
After they left hubbie and I relaxed for the cool cloudy afternoon staying inside.
At chore time I heard little peeps and caught these 2 little freshly hatched Silkie's getting warned by mama to get back under her warm feathers. There was one more that had just hatched so maybe she will have a good hatch.
The temperature is going back down into the mid 30's tonight with more rain and snow for the higher mountains.
Aa hauled all the cattle he had in  our pasture to market this afternoon.
We spent the evening resting up for the "back on schedule" week coming up !!!
To get the April decade pics started I found some old Easter pictures of my older brother and in our Easter clothes in 1958.

 My Aunt Hattie's boyfriend at the time ,I think his name was Jimmy.
 My step sister, Margaret Rizzo, in New York always sent us really nice Easter outfits each year.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Love the old pictures. So sorry to hear about Bernie, at least he has no more pain. Blessings