Sunday, April 29, 2018

RETURN OF WINTER TEMPS TONIGHT

Sleeping a little later this morning came easier than yesterday. It is cool this morning at 40 degrees as I started out to get the chores done.
I put a macaroni and ham casserole in the crockpot and some corn on the stove for lunch and then we got ready for church.
Daughter and IR came over to ride to church with us today as son-in-love has taken a group of college bound kids from the Boys and Girls Club on a tour of the college of Charleston this weekend and won't be home until later today.
After church #1 son's family , #2 son and Re and her kids all joined us for lunch. We had green beans and biscuits to go with the mac and cheese and corn and everyone enjoyed the food and visit.
#2 son and hubbie headed on over to daughter's property to finish the work on the septic location and were joined by daughter and son-in-love while IR stayed here with me.
It didn't take long to finish the clearing and then they all headed home .
#1 son brought his laundry up here to use my dryer since theirs stopped working.
D-in-love helped g-son with his science project which I think is very impressive.

This is a good day to update all my chicks since the last setter is hatching her eggs today. These are green egg layers and so far she has at least 4 out of the 6 eggs under her hatched.
The last batch of Comet chicks didn't do so well as only 2 out of the 6 eggs under this hen hatched and when I broke the eggs that didn't hatch they didn't appear to be fertile eggs???
The Silkie chicks had a pretty good number of hatchlings under 2 separate hens but this black hen took over all the chicks and the red hen wanted out of the box. Luckily this is the warmest brooding box and she isn't having any trouble keeping all these little chicks warm on these cold nights.
My 6 Guinea chicks that I bought are growing leaps and bounds under their light and seem to be almost fully feathered already.
Lastly these first hatch of the season chicks are really getting big and really don't need mama any longer especially since they are as big as she is but I am leaving her in with them for at least tonight to help keep them warm since their box is open .
After chores I took a nice cool walk around the lower pastures and then settled in for a relaxing evening.
Hopefully April is going to take the cold overnight temps out with it and May is going to bring in some more summery temps. It is going to feel like going from winter to summer all in this next week.
And we are about 2 weeks late in our area for this kind of warning this year.

I am just hoping that the low winter like temps end soon so I can get all my plants outside to their summer spots and get some fresh early vegetables from my garden.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day and for the love of Jesus Christ in my life.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: