Monday, April 23, 2018

RAINY MONDAY AND 2008 APRIL

Monday morning is made harder with the pouring rain today. I got soaked getting chores done with the wind blowing the rain sideways.
I took RL to pre-school and came home to have my breakfast and get IR hers.
IR took a long nap and I got laundry started while hubbie gathered some firewood to build a fire in the wood stove to fend off the dampness and cool high 40's temps.
IR was still sleeping when I went to pick up RL. I stopped by the PO on the way home to mail last weeks bills that were still in my car.
Hubbie was asleep also when we got home. Both he and IR woke up as he brought RL in to take IR's place on the couch.
The three of us had lunch and then I did more laundry while hubbie entertained IR trying to keep her from waking RL.
It has rained all day with the wind and cool temps making this a very raw day outside.
When RL woke up the girls got in some playtime before their mom's picked them up.
After the girls left we tried to watch the news but both of us wound up taking short naps before chore time.
I got wet again doing the chores this evening with the rain still coming down. I emptied 1 inch so far out o the gauge but the heavy rains came in after dark tonight so we are wondering what we will wake up to in the morning.
Since this is the only picture for the day it is a good day to finish up the April decade photos. Back in April 2008 G-son was into everything anyone did around here back then and wanted to help.





We made a trip to Oak Island that April and stayed on Davis Creek which was several streets back from the beach . The weather was cool so getting in the ocean wasn't a big part of this trip but of course g-son who was never afraid of the waves had to test the cool ocean waters under the watchful eyes of his aunt T.




Aunt T had an inflatable canoe but it didn't work like she had hoped so g-son dry paddled it in the house.
G-son and Pawpaw did a lot of porch sitting.


The girls rented scooters and Hubbie and #1 son got to try them out.
The girls rode all around the island on them and had a great time.

It sure doesn't seem like 10 years have passed since this trip !!!!
I am forever grateful for the wonderful memories with my family.
Thankful also for the wonderful blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night







1 comment:

linda m said...

Love the old pictures. Blessings