Thursday, April 19, 2018

NEW GUINEAS AND 1988 APRIL MEMORIES

Hectic Thursday morning rolls around seemingly very quickly these days.
Both g-daughters were in good moods and very co-operative this morning which made things much easier but after getting chores done and all the extra things that have to happen on these mornings we were still late for RL's pre-school but thankfully the doors weren't locked yet and RL jumped out of the Honda and ran inside on her own.
IR and I met hubbie at market and I took care of her while hubbie unloaded then he took her while I set up.
IR was hungry so we fed her breakfast before we had ours.
Connie , other g-ma came after her at 10:00 and then hubbie and I had time to have our biscuits that hubbie had stopped for on his way to town.
Market started off very slow but it did pick up as the day went on thankfully I had a good day.
Connie brought my 6 guinea chicks that she picked up for me when she got hers and they are so pretty.

Hubbie left market and brought them home to put them in their box under the heat lamp I sat up last night for them.
He came back to town to run all his errands.
I left market and made a cake delivery to a rest home to one of my customers and then went by the bank, our insurance office to pay our auto insurance and then to Aldi for baking supplies for tomorrow's baking.
I made it home at 3:45 and hubbie helped me unload and get things put away. I had a snack and was just sitting down to watch the news when Re called and asked me to come over there at 5:30 when someone was buying some of their baby goats because she and the kids were there alone.
The people were really nice but you never know so it was better to be safe than sorry and I didn't mind playing with the kids some extra time.
It is really cold this evening with a very strong wind . Making me wonder when I will finally be able to put away the insulated cover-alls that I had on.
I came home and got the chores done and then hubbie walked with me today. Even in the colder weather I feel like these walks are necessary to make my knees feel better.
We came back inside and he built a fire in the woodstove to warm the house and it felt really good.
Back in April of 1988 we celebrated Easter.......


And the kids entered the huge Saint Bernard we had then named Sugar in a dog show at one of the area parks.
I can't remember what the catagories were or what she won but Sugar won a blue ribbon and #1 son was so proud to show it off !!


Sugar was a wonderful dog for many years but as she aged with her size she became  a danger to the kids and we gave her away to an older couple who loved her very much in her later years.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Love the pictures. Have a Blessed weekend.