Saturday, April 3, 2021

BEAUTIFUL HOLY SATURDAY

 Up to greet a beautiful day although it was another cold morning at 24 degrees again.  I got chores done and then had breakfast letting the temperature warm and then hubbie and I took all the covers off  the blueberries and pear trees. I can't tell yet how much damage was done but there are some already brown buds mixed with the normal ones on both the berries and pears.


I spent the morning cleaning out my raised winter beds and getting them ready to add soil to and plant. I can plant in these and not worry because I can cover them with glass windows I have in the barn. We probably will have at least one more cold spell before winter releases her grip.  I made the chickens very happy today and also got some delicious carrots that I had forgotten in the bed that had wintered beautifully.


While we worked outside on our beds and other things Easter weekend was in full swing for the kids at their other grand parents houses today.

Hubbie and I made a trip to Sav Mor grocery for some things I remembered for tomorrow's lunch and we picked up IR on the way home to come home and help me stuff the rest of out eggs.  She learned to use scissors and was so proud of herself.


I got chores done and then daughter came to pick up IR.  Hubbie and I went up and covered the blueberries with loose blankets again tonight to hopefully fend off the frosty 31 degrees predicted for in the morning.  We came inside and built another wood stove fire wondering all along if it might be the last of the season?????
I made an Easter cake and a 7-layer salad for tomorrow and then hubbie and I relaxed for the evening.
Thankful for the sacrifice our wonderful Lord made for us and looking forward to tomorrow .
Saturday of Holy Week was a quiet day of waiting .....
A prayer for Holy Week Saturday.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless, Good Night and Happy Easter






No comments: