Monday, April 26, 2021

TREE CUTTING DAY FINALLY HERE

 Up early today to greet all the grandkids.  Hubbie took g-son to school and then I got chores done early so I wouldn't be outside when the tree cutters get here. He said they would be here this morning but didn't say what time.  The young hens are liking their new home in the green house and the weed filled lot.

The fence is gone and I pray that all my Hosta's survive all the tree cuttings dropped on them.

I spyed the first Iris bloom of the season this morning.

The tree cutters arrived about 9:45 and went straight to work. These guys that do this are always crazily brave to me with my fear of heights it makes me queasy just watching them.

We took the girls out of the house and they played outside for most of the day . We even had a picnic lunch outside to stay safely out of the tree cutters way and out of the house in case things went badly wrong.





They left around 2:15 and our work began as soon as the girls were picked up. Daughter had tot take one of her dogs to the vet so she took IR and CA with her. G-son has his first track meet today so d-in-love picked up RL to go to that with her. Hubbie and I have never missed one of his meets but we will miss this one because we have a big mess of tree limbs to get up before the cutters come back tomorrow.  We started working and I dragged the smaller limbs to a brush pile out in the woods while hubbie cut up the bigger limbs and loaded them onto a wood hauling box on the back of this tractor.  Daughter came back with the girls after taking the dog home and helped me drag branches to the brush pile. Both the girls ,IR and CA got into the work also carrying limbs to the pile and were proud of themselves to help.


Son-in-love and #2 son both showed up after they got off work and #1 son came after he watched g-son jump at the track meet.  With all of them helping they made short work of the rest of the wood and branches. We are so thankful for kids who will pitch in the help us at anytime. Here is a before pic.....

But I forgot to take an after pic but this driveway was cleared  in about 2 hours with all of us working. So thankful for kids that don't mind helping.
They said it would probably take them part of 3 days to get it all down but I am just thankful to get someone finally that would do the job.

After everyone left hubbie and I got chores done. I finished the last load of laundry and then we both collapsed .  The beautiful full "pink" moon rose early tonight and was so pretty.


Thankful for the blessings of this day and thankful for the mercies given to the tree cutter guys today as they worked.

God Bless and Good Night

No comments: