Wednesday, April 7, 2021

EARLY VEGETABLES PLANTED

 Up to another "spring break" busy day. I got chores done while hubbie ran out to Tractor Supply to pick up a bag of fertilizer and a bag of diamatacious earth for me.  I had breakfast and then we headed up to the garden with all our potatoes. We bought 5 pounds each of Red Pontiac and Yukon Gold and are using all the Kennebecs we have left from last year for seed this year.  We are trying the Yukon Gold to see how their taste compares to the Kennebecs and to see if they keep better.  We ended up with 1 row each of the red and golds and 5 rows of the Kennebec seed. 

We also planted a row of onions and all my brussel sprout, broccoli and cabbage plants I bought yesterday.  It was near 80 degrees and bright sun so we were both sweating bullets by the time we got this much finished and my back was definitely screaming as we headed inside to have some lunch and cool down.  Daughter has a dentist appointment today at 2:00 so she is dropping IR and CA off with us. CA was napping when she carried her in and put her on the couch. I took IR and went outside to play and have popsicles and ice cream. 
As I sat watching her play I noticed how all the trees are budding out along the creek bank and soon we won't be able to see as far as we can right now for sure.
When daughter got back from the dentist we all went over to Pelicans to have a nice cool treat of a snowball.  Pelicans was more crowded than I have ever seen it so we took our treats to a local park and the girls got the addition of a fun time to run around on the nice green lawn after we finished out snowballs.  Soon there will be three little girls hanging on daughter, don't know where she will put the other one ??? !!!

They dropped hubbie and I off at home and we rested a while before we went out to get chores done. I added a row of sugar snap peas in the garden and planted all my raised beds with some early vegetables. Crossing my fingers no other cold snaps or frost come our way but we can cover the raised beds easily. 
We came inside and I got the weekly paperwork done and then we relaxed for the evening. I am very tired tonight but I am certainly glad I got all the planting done today as the rain moves in tomorrow.  
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: