Saturday, April 17, 2021

LAID BACK SATURDAY

 A lazy cloudy Saturday morning today. Hubbie and I both are working on catching up some missed sleep this last week and it felt good to have no reason to get up early today.   I got chores done then cooked some eggs for breakfast for the first time in several days.  We both did some house cleaning this morning and I dusted all the chick dust out of the living room since the chicks are now residing in the sunroom. With the forecast of even colder freezing temps in next week's forecast I guess they will be spending at least another week inside. 

I had a cake and egg delivery at noon today so hubbie and I loaded up all the orders for all the deliveries today and headed out. I met the egg customer and a cake customer at noon then we drove across town to Publix grocery store to meet another cake customer and pick up our curbside order there. Kudos to Publix for the quick and friendly service once again and with the BOGOs I got it was a good stop for sure.  Our next stop was a gas station to refill the Honda's tank and then we dropped off lemon bars a nd brownies at church for the celebration of life get together this evening for Tim  Jones who gave up his courageous battle with cancer a couple weeks ago.  We came home to a short rain shower then the sun popped back out and quickly dried things back off.  Hubbie got on the lawn mower and I put away some laundry then played with RL as d-in-love brought her up here to play on the swings.   After they left I came inside and put some baked potatoes in the oven and some pork chops in the instant pot for hubbie and my supper. We got chores done and then I watered all the raised beds and garden plants . The short shower didn't help at all today. Hopefully we aren't headed into a dry spell with the garden just now starting to come to life as the onions and red potatoes are starting to come up. 

We spent a relaxing evening and got another early bedtime.

Thankful for all the blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night

No comments: