Friday, April 9, 2021

FIRST CHICK HATCH OF THE SEASON STARTED

Surprising sunshine coming through the bedroom window when I woke up this morning. The weather folks have really missed the forecast for this day.  I got up and got chores done then moved some of the more than 24 hour old chicks into the brooder box. I put a warm wet paper towel in the incubator to try and keep the moisture level from dropping so more could hatch. I took these three little ones out to get some water and food. These were early hatchers as 21 days is up today so many more have hatched and more should hatch today. I counted 10 already hatched in the incubator over last night.  These three hatched early yesterday morning.

Hubbie went to the feed store for me this morning while I stayed home and iced caramel and coconut cakes. I also needed to stay here and watch the temperature in the brooder box after putting the chicks in there to make sure it stayed the same.  It always amazes me to see these newly hatched little chicks start eating and drinking immediately.    I have decided to take it easy today to have one day out of this spring break week to just enjoy a slow day with nothing pressing that has to be done.  Hubbie went out to cut up some of the Oak tree that fell in the pasture so I took advantage and sat out in the sun for a little while and then had a sandwich for lunch. RL came up for a while so her mom could paint their storage shed and she played outside while I sat and watched until hubbie came up from the pasture. RL and hubbie came inside while I made a cake delivery and then we all watched some TV before she went home.
Hubbie and I watched the news then went out to get chores done.  I also watered all my plants I sat out this week since the rain didn't make an appearance.
Back inside I worked on the computer awhile and then took more chicks out of the incubator and got out some empty egg shells so the rest would have more room to hatch.  Ended the day with 10 chicks in the brooder box and 2 in the incubator that just recently hatched.

Daughter and her family took a short beach trip to Litchfield for the weekend. The girls were having fun in the sand this morning but the ocean water was really cold.



Glad they are having some sunshine and warm temperatures .
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




 

No comments: