Tuesday, April 13, 2021

NEW SHOES AND SLEEP OVER

 Up to get IR and CA settled in before hubbie went to pick up g-son and take him to school. When he got back I got chores done and then had breakfast with the girls.  More chick attention this morning for these 2.                                                                                                                                                                          



We played outside alot again today with the warm upper 70's sunshine.  After we had lunch we loaded up so that the girls hopefully would take naps and made a trip to Asheville to check out some new shoes for me. I have been having a lot of trouble with my right foot as the ball of that foot gets really sore and painful after just short walking or standing. I looked up some shoes that might help with this problem and found the Hoka brand of shoe was recommended . The only place around that carried these shoes was in Asheville and I wanted try them on before I bought instead of just ordering a pair from the internet. Both girls went to sleep on the drive over there so hubbie stayed in the car with them while I went in. They had the particular shoe that was recommended and I tried them on and was immediately disappointed . I took them off and gave them back to the clerk that was helping me. I said these don't feel any different than the New Balance shoes I have on. She asked me what I was having trouble with and when I told her sore and painful balls of my feet she asked who recommended that particular shoe. I laughed and said Mr. Google (you know that guy that knows everything about everything) she laughed and said we wouldn't recommend that shoe , which was called the Hoka Clifton 7, but instead they would recommend the Hoka Bondi .  She brought out a pair of the Bondis and as soon as I tried them on my pain was completely gone and I could tell they had a bunch of support and padding. I loved them.

They also have a high arch support so I am hoping I won't need my insoles with them. They were rather expensive but for anyone who has had foot pain you would agree that money is no object it this will fix my problem.
We came home and RL came up to play with the chicks after her mom got home from work.


RL and IR decided they wanted to spend the night with us tonight and camp out in the living room where the chicks were staying.  RL has never spent the night away from home and IR hasn't stayed with us in a while but she used to stay with us  a lot when CA had her heart hospitalizations.  So we weren't sure how it would go but their mom's said they could try it since we live close together.  The girls were having so much fun in the bath and when we sat up their tent with their little "happy napper" sleeping bags.

I needed to bake cakes so hubbie watched TV with the girls until I finished and then we all hunkered down in the living room to spend the night.  Once the lights were off RL got unhappy and scared so IR followed suit.  IR came and got in the recliner with me and went to sleep shortly but RL wouldn't sleep and asked to go home so hubbie walked her back down to her house.  When he got back we put IR in bed between us and went to sleep.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: