Wednesday, April 21, 2021

PREPARING FOR A LATE FREEZE

Up to greet all the g-kids this morning. Hubbie took g-son to school and then I got chores done. The girls and I had breakfast when I got back inside then we got ready to go make a couple egg deliveries and run a couple errands to save time tomorrow.  We stopped at the bank first then met the egg customers at Sav Mor and I ran in the store and picked up a couple things we needed.  Then we went to Southern Ag to buy some weed killer and garden spray that hubbie has been buying there for years. But a man at the store said he couldn't buy those things there anymore.   That they were only a business supplier now. We made a final stop at the PO and then came home for lunch.  I am dizzy headed today from all the pollen blowing around in the high winds we are having and don't really feel like doing much of anything today so I just sat and watched the girls play today.


RL and IR went outside and played around the house for a little while and we watched from inside. The temperature stayed in the mid 50's all day and with the high winds it feels like winter has truly made a come back.  After the girls were picked up hubbie and I started trying to get all the fruits and vegetables covered up with something. I don't know if anything will help with the temperature plummeting much lower than has been predicted but we tried.  

My cabbage, broccoli and brussel sprout plants got buckets.

Lettuce bed gets blankets......
Grapes that are out really early.....
Blueberries that are loaded with berries......
Raised beds with all cool weather crops in them but still can't handle the now 25 degree heavy frost.
I am saying a prayer for the onions and sugar peas that are just coming up along with some of the red potatoes.


I did cover a couple Clematis vines that are just starting to bloom with sheets .  However the colorful blooms around the yard will probably not survive this cold snap but they sure have been pretty while they lasted.  I haven't had time to sit and enjoy the fragrance from the Lilacs in the back yard yet.
I will take the same pic in a couple days and compare to see how my huge Azaleas fair in this cold snap.
I am holding out hope that all my Hostas and Lambs Ear will make a comeback even if they get nipped back.
Back inside tonight with achy muscles and now a more stopped up head from being out in the cold wind.
Praying for the area farmers who will be doing everything they can to save their crops throughout this cold night. 


Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

Hope all your plants made it thru the cold temps. Blessings