Monday, February 10, 2020

DREARY RAINY MONDAY

Cloudy skies greeted us on this Monday morning as we welcomed all the grand kids in early.
Hubbie took g-son to school and then I went out and got chores done.
Hubbie isn't feeling well today as he thinks he is coming down with a head cold so he opted to stay home today. IR and CA stayed here with him while I took RL to pre-school. RL was pretty subdued on the ride to school but went in happily.
I stopped at Ingles on the way home to pick up some ear drops for me as I have a ringing in my ears that is bugging me.
I woke up from a bad dream last night and figured I was getting sick with a fever because that is the only time usually that I dream and they are always nightmarish dreams.
But I feel fine this morning and even my scratchy throat from yesterday is gone today thankfully.
I got laundry started when I got home and IR helped me while CA napped.
I only got one load done before it was time to pick up RL as the washer is still having trouble spinning and takes more time trying to rebalance the load.
About mid morning the rain had started so it was raining pretty good by the time I went to pick up RL.
IR went along with me so she could tell her teacher she would see her tomorrow.
We came home and both girls were almost asleep by the time we got home. Guess it is the typical Monday blahs plus the dreary rainy day !!
We all had lunch and I did another couple loads of laundry between playing with the girls and keeping a fire in the woodstove downstairs to keep the chill knocked off.
The girls were picked up shortly after 4:00 and hubbie and I got chores done in the rain once again.
I think I have worn rain gear more this winter than any other time in my recent memory and one local weather man confirmed my thoughts with these record breaking facts for the area.
And this is the radar for this evening and I already emptied 4/10ths of rain from the gauge at chore time.
It is suppose to rain throughout the evening and overnight at least so hopefully we won't have any flooding from this system.
Hubbie still feels pretty bad so we both just rested tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

This definitely has been the dreariest, wettest winter we have had in a long time. Sure hoping for that early Spring. Blessings