Saturday, February 1, 2020

MARKET DAY SATURDAY

Up to a foggy misty morning but thankfully the temperature is above freezing.
We got chores done and headed out to market only about 5 minutes late. Daughter and the girls were waiting on us when we arrived at market.
We got set up and then daughter helped the manager with some office work while hubbie and I watched the girls and the table.
Sales were much better than I expected today with the possible icy weather forecast and the foggy cool morning.
Daughter stayed most of the day until both girls got pretty sleepy and CA fell asleep in my lap while I talked with a couple other board members.
Daughter took both girls home and hubbie stayed with the table while I conducted some market business before we loaded up and left at closing time.
We both came straight home and hubbie helped me get things unloaded and put away. Hubbie went up to his wood pile to split some firewood and I ate some late lunch of tomato soup and avocado.
I rested my aching feet. For some reason my right foot is giving me fits right now, that is the foot with the hammer toe and the contracted knee tendons so I am hoping I have done something to my foot to make the top of it very sore and achy.
Rain ran hubbie inside shortly and we both had a nice rest. There was a beautiful rainbow after the rain stopped and the sun came out.

I got chores done and sadly found one of my golden sexlink pullets I bought last spring dead and almost all eaten in the hen lot.  We checked the fence for evidence of something digging under the wire but found none. This doesn't look like the work of a hawk but we can't think of anything else it might have been.

Hubbie buried the remains of the the hen and thought if anymore of these hens in this lot fall prey to whatever killed this one I will have to relocate them to the enclosed chicken tractor.
As winter goes on and food sources get scarcer I'm afraid I will have more problems. My game camera showed the fox or coyote again a couple days ago so we know it is a routine visitor in the early morning hours.
I plan to move the camera to the hen lot during the day tomorrow to see if I can catch what is coming in the lot.
Hubbie and I spent the evening relaxing.
This first week of February 2020 is really going to be a weather roller coaster with temperatures ranging from spring back to winter all in the 7 days.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: