Wednesday, February 5, 2020

RAINY DAY NAP TIME

I heard a surprise voice from the living room as I got dressed this morning. RL and g-son were already here and the voice I heard coming in the door was IR greeting RL. IR and CA's other g-ma was supposed to come up and stay with them today but had gotten suddenly ill this morning as she got dressed so daughter brought them here instead.
Hubbie took g-son to school and I got chores done then took RL to pre-school. She wasn't happy this morning because her other g-ma is picking her up today and she kept asking me to call her and tell her not to come so she could come home with me and play with IR and CA this afternoon.
It was started to rain pretty steady already as I drove to Aldi to pick up some baking supplies and groceries.
I came home and put the groceries away while CA napped.
I had breakfast and then did weekly ironing while waiting for CA to wake from her nap.
IR was really good to play in the playroom quietly so she didn't wake her up.
Thankfully about the time she woke from her nap we were in a break from the heavier rain so we headed out to Sam's Club with both the girls.
CA is a pleasant shopping buddy most of the time.
IR gave hubbie instructions all around the store , haha .

We lucked out and got home and got everything carried inside before the rain started back. We all had lunch and then sat down to watch TV. 
IR said she was tired as she sat in hubbie's recliner so I told her to lay her head down and rest. Next time I looked at her she was asleep.
It has rained on and off all afternoon and pretty much all this afternoon has been good far is napping, just ask these three !!

I baked a pan of brownies form market tomorrow . With the prediction of heavy rains all day tomorrow I don't expect market to be busy at all but since I have to take the girls to school I might as well stay at market for the few hours they are there instead of driving all the way home and back again.
IR and CA pretty much slept all afternoon until daughter came in from work and woke them up.
#2 son stopped by with more tax papers so tax month is going to have to get going soon.
Daughter took the girls home and hubbie and I got chores done in a sprinkling rain. There was another .4" in the gauge this evening.
I feel like we are getting a feel of what it is like to live in the northwestern states this winter with all the rain we have had. It is so muddy I have to be very careful walking around anywhere outside.
I made some salmon patties for hubbie and I for our supper tonight.
We rested and then got things ready for market .
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.