Sunday, December 25, 2011

BUSY 2011 CHRISTMAS EVE

Hubbie had to be at church at 8:00 this morning to help set up for communion tonight during our candlelight service.
While he was gone I did chores and ate breakfast.
It is cold this morning 32 degrees or the first time in a while but thankfully it is helping dry up all the mud.
When hubbie got home we headed out to finish our shopping. I can't believe the sales today on the things that I was thinking about getting but were too expensive.  Now I can afford them, maybe I'll wait until Christmas eve to do my shopping every year !!
I found all I was needing in Mast General Store and hubbie found the racetrack he wanted for g-son on sale at K-mart.
Satisfied and finally finished we stopped by Sub-Way to pick up lunch on the way home. Town is now starting to get very crowded. I need to remember next year the deals are great on Christmas eve but I need to make an early trip.
This afternoon, hubbie and I cleaned in the kitchen and I cooked to get a head start on some of my things.
After early choretime we got ready for candlelight service tonight. This is one of my favorite times at church. Guess who else thinks this is a great time in church??

The church was really crowed tonight,may the glory be to God !!

I see alot of folks on this night that I don't see often and it is always a blessing to me.
All 4 of my kids were there tonight plus g-son .

D-in-love always helps provide the music with her violin and in the chimes esemble, she is the one on the far right behind the podium during this chimes playing.
We ended the service with the song Joy To the World as we held our candles high and pledged to be lights unto the world during the next year.

After the service I gave one of the elderly men who had recently lost a loved one a coconut cake which is one of his favorites and felt so sorry for him when he cried and said how hard this Christmas was going to be for him.
I felt very humbly thankful for a year in which our family has had no losses or serious injuries or sickness.
Back home #2 son and daughter came to have supper with hubbie and I. We had roast pork ,mac and cheese, corn and greek salad with rolls and tea.
Daughter went over to another neighbor's who lost his wife last Christmas day morning and took him a cake. She visited with him for over an hour and I know he was very glad to have company on this night.
I am thankful for the kind hearts all my children have developed and the giving spirit.
Unfortunately #1 son isn't feeling well at all tonight and as he and his family head down to d-in-loves parents to celebrate Christmas I hope he gets better.
Hubbie and I wrapped presents tonight and now our tree looks more like it should.

I always wait until Christmas eve to wrap presents because you always hear so many times that breakins occur and the thieves take all the presents from under the tree.
I took time tonight to catch up my blog from yesterday and now it is almost 12:30 am. I'm glad I don't have to get up early to see what santa brought me this year !!
Hubbie and I don't buy one another gifts, we stopped that when we had children and have never thought it necessary to start again as we still both had rather concentrate on giving to the kids and others rather than ourselves.
The birth of our Lord and Savior happened on this very night long ago and this glorious night is celebrated all around the world as we  pledge our love for our new born savior and to share His love  during the coming year.

MERRY  CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND  MAY  YOUR LOVE LIGHT SHINE BRIGHTLY  !!!

Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

jeanlivingsimple said...

A Very Merry Christmas to you and your fine family!

Anonymous said...

LET ME BE THE FIRST TO SAY IT'S ALWAY FUN TO COME TO YOUR BLOG AND READ ABOUT YOUR DAYS ADVENTURES IN BAKING, GOING TO MARKET,CHORES AND YOUR CHURCH STORIES. WHAT A WONDERFUL FAMILY YOU HAVE. THAT'S A PLUS IN THIS DAY AND AGE. THANKS FOR SHARING.

GRANNY FROM FLORIDA