Thursday, December 1, 2011

ONE SALE MAKES MY DAY

Another colder morning than the one before. The ice was thicker this morning on the buckets than it has been so far, Hubbie said it was 23 at 5am when he left for work and it usually drops a few degrees by daylight.
Market was slow except for 1 group of regular customers who almost bought me out, I'm thankful for them. It's funny some days how one  sale can make your day.
News in the market today was ,we are getting two new sellers this Saturday. One who sells wooden signs and stone jewelery and one who bakes tarts and pies.  Rumor also has it that we are losing quite a few of our regulars come January because this has been an off year for them.
I ran regular errands, delivered a couple Avon orders and finally got home at 5:00. By the time hubbie and I got the van unloaded and everything put away it was time for chores just as darkness fell.
I did manage to take a short break and put my feet up before it was baking time again.
Cardinals are so pretty this time of year,they seem to glow a Christmas red .

I baked 26 layers,2 pound cakes and 2 wine cakes tonight as I listened to the CMA Christmas program on TV,hoping the Christmas carols would help get me in the Christmas spirit.
For some reason this year that spirit is eluding me and I can't figure out why. When customers bought things today it finally doned on me about half way through the day I should be wishing them a Merry Christmas.  Time has passed me by lately and maybe I'm just behind the times ,but knowing it is coming whether I'm ready or not makes me know whether the spirit hits me or not I'd better  be  gettin' ready !!
I found this photo of the festival of lights at Lake Julian in Buncombe county.
Ever wonder what Santa does in his spare time !!!!!

Grateful to God tonight for the blessings of today and for the birth of His son, our Savoir.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS NOT HAPPY HOLIDAY. ACLU WOULD LIKE CHRIST OUT OF OUR LIVES. IT SCARES ME TO DEATH. WE MUST BE STRONG AND BE SURE WE STAND UP FOR OUR LORD.

ON YOUR CAKE LABELS YOU COULD PUT A BIBLE VERSE. SPREAD THE WORD.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND KEEP THESE BEAUTIFUL STORIES COMING.

GRANNY FROM FLORIDA