Monday, December 19, 2011

CAN THIS REALLY BE DECEMBER WEATHER ????

G-son got here at 7:30 this morning. His pre-school is already out for the holidays and hubbie is working today so he can be off Friday this week so it was just me and g-son today.
It was 30 degrees this morning so I fixed him waffles with syrup and chocolate milk and then went outside to feed all the animals their breakfast.
While he watched his morning TV shows I did housework and laundry. After lunch we headed outside to enjoy this beautiful weather while it lasts. I have a feeling it won't be near 60 degrees much longer.

G-son enjoyed being outside running around all afternoon.

Annie's always ready for a good belly scratch !!!

After mom came and got g-son I did some more laundry and took a couple cake orders and an Avon order.
When hubbie got home from work we did the evening chores and then made a trip to Walmart and Sam's to pick up a few things and get some baking supplies. My orders are still down but I got a couple really nice orders today so people may be waiting until the last minute.
We had a light supper when we got back home which for me was a mistake because it was 7:30 and I'm not used to eating that late so I felt miserable for a long time. I layed on the couch and watched the second half of a blow out UNC basketball victory.
I baked some cakes tonight although I'm not sure what kind of icing I will put on most of them. I'll wait and see what orders come in tomorrow.
I'm trying to get into bed a little earlier tonight after my early start this morning.
It's 11:00, the temperature is 33 and I'm off to ice coconut cakes before bedtime.
Grateful to God for a blessed day full of enjoyment and blessings.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Your grandson loves being outside... Glad the weather has been a little warmer. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow and Wed.--but no cold temps with this one...

Glad you got some cake orders in... People probably are waiting 'til the last minute.

Hugs,
Betsy