Friday, December 9, 2011

DUCKS ARE BACK AND A WONDERFUL DEACON'S DINNER

A beautiful morning greeted me today as I did the chores,although it is still cold, about 30 degrees at chore time the sun is shining brightly.
After breakfast I headed out on my daily walk. Our farm pond has been bone dry most of the summer and fall but thanks to the recent rainfall it now has some water and today I caught these guys enjoying it. Click to enlarge these photos to get the best view.


I love watching these wild Mallard pairs as they swim.


They are always obviously in pairs.


Love the reflections !


This middle drake seems to be saying "hey where did the girls go?"


Ahhh, there they are !!!

As I walked the pasture was alive with Bluebirds, they seemed to be everywhere and some were watching me from above.


I find it strange that so many of these guys are in our bottom pasture but I never see one at my bird feeders.


That must mean they are finding plenty to eat in the pastures and woods that surround them.

I had to cut my walk short as I have a busy day ahead and I did spend too much time watching the ducks on the pond !!
I finished my Avon order and sent it off, then iced 6 caramel cakes before lunch. After lunch it was off to work at church. I had another upsetting day there as a pew was damaged, the beautiful poinsettas were scattered about losing there bracts with all the movement,and the nativity set was missing from the communion table. Maybe a nativity set doesn't fit in with the image of the contemporary church !!
I was determined not to get to upset because this evening we are having the deacon's supper with our guest. To relax my mind I came home and snuggled up with Bernie and Dolly out in the sunroom to watch the bird activity around the feeders and took a short nap.
Thankfully I felt better  and as soon as hubbie got home from work we did the chores early and headed up the WNC Justice Academy. #1 son and d-in-love were there also as he is hubbie's yokeman deacon.
Our invited guest were the widows and widowers of the church. We had twice as many in attendance as we did last year and everyone had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and all went well. I went to school with the lady that runs this restaurant and we had a nice catch up visit.
Several folks approached me with their displeasure with the contemporary church, so all my resentful feelings came flooding back.
I'm looking forward to January when I don't have to be the one that finds the damage and praying that by stepping down I can turn all my displeasure over to God and let Him handle things.
It is warmer tonight than it has been,39 degrees at 11:30, but tomorrow is supposed to be cooler than today.
I iced chocolate and coconut cakes tonight and am ready for market tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a better day than Thursday.
G-son stayed with his Aunt T tonight while we were all at the dinner and they seem to have made a gingerbread train in this picture she sent me from her phone.

Looks like he is getting ready to take a big bite right out of it.  He sure looks like he is having fun, but that's what Aunts are for you know !!!
He went to talk to Santa earlier this week and d-in-love sent me this photo.


This Santa is in the Asheville mall and is the same one he has seen every year. I noticed this year Santa is really showing his age or maybe he was just really tired that  day. G-son looks like he was promised everything he asked for with that big smile !!!!

Praying for our church family tonight and that the right decisions will be made to keep us all together .
May God be the center of our love.
Good Night and God Bless.

7 comments:

Gail said...

Busy! How in the world do you get everything done? You are amazing.

It is sas that someone has nothing better to do than destroy property.

Rita said...

Want to make a quick comment on how much I like your blog. You are always so busy and it helps me to see what all can be done in a day. It will be good for you to step down from cleaning the church. You already have full and busy days and conflict at church is the worst. Take care and I hope you really enjoy Christmas. Those ducks are something! Nice!

Ardith said...

Hi! Haven't touched base with you in awhile.....I see you are still busy and doing fine! Loved your pictures, feel bad for your troubles with the contemporary group. I personally prefer the contemporary music during worship time, but there is no excuse for bad behavior. Most young people today have not been brought up to respect people and objects I fear. Hope you have a great Christmas and enjoy your "extra" time from cleaning! :)
Love to you and God Bless.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, I sympathize with you when it comes to the 'changes' at your church.. Who is in charge of the Contemporary Service? Can't they get a group to clean up after themselves and leave things as they were when they got there???? You --and others-- do such a good job of cleaning your church.. There surely are people in the other group who could do the same thing.

Is your minister in charge --or someone else? I think you all should talk to him about the problems ---or else, it may just get worse. Good Luck --and remember to pray hard for answers to this situation.

Have a great Saturday... Hope you have a busy and productive day at the market.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

I AGREE WITH WHAT ARDITH SAID. IF THERE'S A DIFFERANT MINISTER THAN THE REGULAR SERVICE THEY NEED TO HAVE A TALK TOGETHER AND GET THINGS STRAIGHTEN OUT. WHY LET THINGS FESTER. THE DEVIL LIKES NOTHING BETTER. IT'S NOT RIGHT TO LET SOMEONE ELSE CLEAN UP OTHERS MESS. I WENT TO A METHODIST CHURCH THAT HAD BOTH KINDS OF SERVICE. BOTH WERE GREAT. THE TROUBLE STARTED WHEN THE OLDER MEMBERS [MOSTLY LADIES] STARTED TO THINK IT WAS THEIR CHURCH AND NOT GODS HOUSE. ALL THEY DID WAS CRAB BUT YET THEY DIDN'T EVEN GO TO THE COMTEMPORARY SERVICE WHICH YOU REALLY CAN FEEL GODS' PRESENCE. I'M ONE OF THE OLD GALS AND THERE WERE TIMES I JUST WANTED TO SAY QUIT COMPLAINING.BE GLAD THE FOLK ARE COMING TO CHURCH. WELL GUESS WHAT HAPPEN DOWN THE LINE. ONE BY ONE LEFT THE CHURCH BECAUSE THINGS WERN'T GOING THEIR WAY. THEN THE MINISTER WAS ASKED TO LEAVE BEACUSE THE ONES THAT LEFT WROTE LETTERS ETC.. THERE WAS THE DEVIL SITTING IN THE CORNER LAUGHING OUT LOUD. SAD STORY BUT TRUE. I NEVER WENT TO ONE OF THESE SERVICES BEFORE BUT I TELL YOU IT WAS WONDERFUL. I WAS IN MY LATE LATE 60'S AND INTO MY 70'S. THEN GRAMPS AND I MOVED TO A NEW TOWN. SO BEFORE THINGS GET OUT OF CONTROL TALK TO THE MAN IN CHARGE AND ASK FOR HELP FROM BOTH SIDES. IT'LL BE OK.
.
Several folks approached me with their displeasure with the contemporary church, so all my resentful feelings came flooding back.
I'm looking forward to January when I don't have to be the one that finds the damage and praying that by stepping down I can turn all my displeasure over to God and let Him handle things.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPEN IN THE CHURCH I WENT TO. I HAD A MINISTER SAY ONCE IN A SERMON IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITHIN THE CHURCH YOU SHOULD GO TO THE ONE CAUSING THE PROBLEM NOT THROUGH THE GOSSIP LINE. I HOPE THIS HELPS.

JUST SOME OUTSIDE INSIGHT.

GRANNY FROM FLORIDA

yanmaneee said...

pandora jewelry
moncler jackets
moncler
supreme outlet
kyrie 4 shoes
stone island
yeezy supply
hermes birkin
air jordan
supreme clothing

Unknown said...

x2x33k1n37 q6l78e5s62 e8c57r1i21 v5a67q1p28 c5k89y3b54 b5g91m3n06