Monday, December 5, 2011

HO! HO! HO! FINALLY IN THE CHRISTMAS DECORATING MOOD !!!

Woke to a dreary day this morning as the rain has arrived a bit earlier than predicted.
After chores and breakfast I tackled my Christmas decorating. I'm getting in the festive mood as I go through and enjoy the memories that my special pieces bring. Hubbie was up early to take g-son to pre-school and then had to hand rake some leaves in the light rain.
At 11:15 we put things down and went to pick up g-son and then shopped at Sam's Club and Ingles on the way home.
While g-son watched TV hubbie and I got all my containers filled with decorations carried inside the sunroom. I would only carry a couple at a time but with tomorrow going to be a rainy day we thought it better to get all of them inside  while we have a break in the rain fall.
D-in-love picked up g-son and headed off to run errands. 
With the rain and fog darkness is coming early again today so we got the chores done a bit early tonight.
We had some of the shrimp that we brought back from the beach in October for supper tonight.
I don't buy shrimp in stores so we always bring back locally caught shrimp when we are at the coast. After we ate hubbie went over to daughter's to help put all the things she bought yesterday together and I stayed home and kept decorating. Normally it takes me several days to get everything out as I get distracted often with memories and change my mind frequently about where certain items go. It is an enjoyable event when I get in the right frame of mind and that is why I've waited until that frame of mind hit me to do the decorating. Fa la la la la ,deck the halls with Christmas joy. !!
I emptied the rain gauge this evening of about 1/10th inch of rain so far but tonight I have listened to the rain come down in buckets at times. We are on another roller coaster weather ride for the next week.

We even have the "S" word in the forecast again,if they say that word enough maybe they will be right one day !!!!


Looks like we are going to get quite a lot of rain over the next couple days.
Thanking God tonight got all my wonderful blessings of today and everyday.
Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

I will be coming to the mountains the 15th for 2 weeks. Hope the weatherman has some snow in the forecast while I am there! Have a blessed day.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Looks like you all had a good time at eh IKEA... It's an amazing store!!!!

We have had two days of rain ---but it will wind down tomorrow with some snow flurries... No accumulation here I don't think--but it will help putting me in the Christmas spirit.

Hope you had a good day today and got your decorating done.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY AND COME BACK ANOTHER DAY. LALALALALALALA.

GRANNY FLORIDA