Saturday, December 17, 2011

SHAPES IN THE CLOUDS

Another slow market day. It's hard to beleive Christmas is only a week away. Daughter didn't feel great today,said she thought she had the same thing I had Thursday so she left early to go take a nap.
I packed up and loaded the van then made a couple supply stops on the way home. Hubbie,#1 son and g-son were all headed to the bottom pasture to do some fence repairs. The grass in the upper pasture is all gone and to save hay we need to get the cattle down in the lower pasture.
After I got things put away and had a bowl of tomato soup with crackers and cheese I rested on the couch. Didn't turn on a TV or radio, just enjoyed the quiteness. I find I enjoy this way more and more recently.
It is getting colder this evening than it has been for a number of days. After giving the chickens and dogs a little extra feed to help knock the chill off  I watched the news and a Carolina basketball game while hubbie and I had steamed broccoli and fried ,baked potatoes for supper.
Carolina won the game without much challenge ,they were playing Appalachion .

Do you ever see things in the clouds ? I love to photograph the clouds in the sky and then see what shapes I can find.
Here are some examples, see if you see what I see ??
Oops, one of Santa's reindeer must have escaped !!

Flying dragon ( enlarge to see the scales on his side )

Do you see the spoon ??

Close up of the spoon.

The sun was beautiful today but the breeze reminded me it is December.
Talked to daughter tonight and she is feeling better, she got stakes tied to all the trees she set out last week so they won't blow over. Getting out in the fresh air sometimes is the best medicine.
#1 son took g-son to Hollywild tonight to see the lights and feed the animals.
I finally did some Christmas shopping on line today while market was slow,hopefully it will get here before Christmas. After all they guarantee it will !!!
I'm not a real shopper, I usually have a list and go after only the things on my list. When it comes to having to look around and pick something out I don't do well at that. I try to wait until daughter gets off work so she can go with me and help. She has to work an extra couple days this year before Christmas so we will only have 3 days and 1 of them is a market day. 
I have to decide if I'm going to market on Tuesday or not !! The way business has been I don't know if it would be worth it or not.


Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I love to sit in the quiet of the house, just staring at the Christmas tree and pondering. You have a Merry Christmas! ;D

Anonymous said...

THE FIRST PICTURE I SEE A MAN IN A SITTING POSITION DRIVING A CAR OR WHATEVER.LOL YES, I SAW THE SPOON.GOD IS A REAL ARTIST. I LOVE LOOKING FOR PICTURES IN THE CLOUDS.

THANKS FOR SHARING.

GRANNY FLORIDA