Monday, February 24, 2014


G-son started off the week happily this morning.
Hubbie took him to school while I did chores and had breakfast.
The sun is shining brightly again this morning and it is warm but not as warm as the past couple days,only a mid 50's high today.
It is so nice not to have to break ice on all the buckets and waterers in the morning. But I have a feeling this task is coming back soon with the current weather predictions.
Hubbie and I both needed new cell phones so today is the day we labor through this task. Last Friday a lady called from the Verizon center across town and said she would have the phones we wanted waiting for us today.
We drove across town but she didn't have either phone that we were looking for instead tried to sell us phones we knew nothing about.
We drove back to this side of town and stopped at Sam's Club because we knew they had the phone Hubbie wanted.  He is not one to text or use his phone for anything but regular phone use so he wanted the flip phone that is really tough and water proof like the military use. It was called a Convoy. He got the last one they had.
I was going to the Verizon store on this side of town for my iphone but after hearing about a buy back deal with insurance I got my i-phone 4S there also.
This is my first smart phone and I am going to have to learn alot.
I had to go to the Verizon store anyway to have my contacts and info switched from my old phone and to get a case for my new phone.
We made it home for a late lunch after spending 1/2 the day on this phone switch. Hubbie is hoping his phone will last more than 2 years so he won't have to do this again for awhile.
We should have just went to Sam's to start with and it wouldn't have taken that long.
After we ate hubbie went up to his shop to work and I gathered more tax papers together.
I picked up g-son from school and went to the post office to mail an Avon order to a friend in Florida.
G-son was hungry this afternoon and ate mac and cheese, caramel cake, more mac and cheese and cookies before mom came after him.
#1 son was working on the driveway with the tractor and scrape blade.  D-in-love helped me get my phone set up when she got here.  It isn't as hard as I thought it would be to get used to all the gadgets on this phone.
#2 son had a day off today and brought his tax papers over this evening.
After chores and supper hubbie watched TV and I worked on taxes.
Daughter called tonight and said her team won their state play-off game in Asheboro.
I saw this today on the internet and thought it fit us North Carolinians pretty well.

Thanking God for all His blessings of this day.
Good Night and God Bless.


linda eller said...

That is the same for folks in Tennessee. Hope you enjoy your new phone.

linda m said...

Hope you enjoy your new phone. Mine is still the very early model of a very basic cell phone. your article from the internet makes me wish I lived in NC. I live in WI and a lot of the "niceties" are no longer seen around here - especially respecting your elders. Have a nice day and Blessings to you