Sunday, March 4, 2018

BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY

Sunday mornings are usually pretty calm and relaxing but today I had my alarm set for  7am to get up and put the 19 pound turkey that I had thawed out for lunch in the oven.  At Thanksgiving Ingles was giving turkeys to customers that had a certain amount of groceries and I got one each time my grocery order was large enough and put it in the freezer.
I was going to cook it in the pressure cooker but last night I measured and it wouldn't fit so it had to be cooked for 5 hours in the oven.
I went back to bed after getting it in the oven but it took me a long time to ever get back to sleep and it seemed like it was time to get up regularly as soon as I went back to sleep.
I did chores and then we got ready for church.
Hubbie had potatoes and corn cooked on the stove to stay warm while we were gone and the turkey was still cooking in the oven. I have a hard time leaving the oven on while I'm not here but today was a have to case.
Church was good and the church seems to be filling up more and more each Sunday.
We came home to cook some last minute green beans , dressing and biscuits to go with the turkey and the turnip greens, sweet potato casserole and deviled eggs that we fixed last night to have a regular Thanksgiving lunch.
Re 's kids are sick with a stomach bug so they didn't make it today and d-in-love took RL home for a nap and Tif had to work but #1 son, #2 son and daughter and son-in-love all made it . We had a very nice visit and the food was very good. They all took left overs home so that hubbie and I aren't going to be eating turkey and fixins all week.
Hubbie had a Deacon meeting so while he was gone on this beautiful sunny warm, mid 60's afternoon I got outside and took a walk around the farm to check out all the early color.
I followed my nose to these beautiful purple Hyacinths.....
A couple of my favorite Daffodils are blooming now....

These little wild Violets are popping up all over the lawn.
And the wild Woods Hyacinths are already up this year a bit early I think.
The sun felt so good after my walk I sat in the outside patio and relaxed for awhile.
Daughter and son-in-love took IR to the park to meet up with her cousin Addi and they had fun swinging together.

And RL played the afternoon away with her dogs. Sadly Marlee the one laying on the bed is an older dog and isn't doing very well .
The sunset was beautiful this afternoon in a rarely clear sky.

After chores hubbie and I spent a relaxing Sunday evening .
Thankful for the blessings of this beautiful Sunday and for the love of Jesus Christ who is the way to the Father.
God Bless and Good Night





1 comment:

linda m said...

Your Sunday dinner sound delicious; you should have invited me, haha All your flowers look so pretty. Can't wait for some to "pop" up around here. Blessings