Wednesday, March 14, 2018

WINTER IS BACK WITH A MARCH SNOW DAY

Wow !!! What a surprise we woke up to this morning. An early text from daughter telling me school was on a 3-hour delay woke me but I didn't get enough awake to check outside then.
A little later when I got another text canceling school all day I had to get up and see what was going on outside.
Snow flakes were pouring down and there was snow blowing all around even down on the road .

As I did chores around 8:30 the sun was peaking out every once and a while to help get rid of the snow quickly. I looked all around for a "snow bow" but didn't see one as the snow kept on coming down even with the intermittent sunshine.

Although the snow was pretty light in our area other parts of the county just a couple miles away got hammered and the roads were snow covered.

This was the predictions for snow totals around the area but I think these totals were low in most places as the snow continued most of the day in some areas.

Daughter went in to work about 10:00 and brought IR here. D-in-love decided to take the day off and keep her kids home.
I baked cakes this morning, 3 caramel, 2 pound and a pan of lemon bars.
The roads might be slick in places in the morning so I didn't want to overbake.
After lunch I had my yearly dermatologist appointment for my skin check. Thankfully he found nothing this year and that made me very happy.
Daughter was off work and here when I got back. Hubbie went over to get a haircut but the barber was closed today. I'm sure he had to stay home and keep his 2 kids.
We all watched the early news then daughter left and hubbie and I did chores early in a very chilly evening. The temp is supposed to get down to mid 20's tonight with wind chills in the single digits.
I did weekly paperwork and paid bills then watched Survivor on TV before icing my cakes.
I picked up a couple orders for tomorrow so maybe it will be a good day after all.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for a clear report from the doctor today.
God Bless and Good Night