Wednesday, March 21, 2018

SNOWY SRPING DAY

Up to meet the girls this morning and then get this wintry day started. I  emptied 1/4 inch of rain from the gauge this morning from last evening's storms.
After taking RL to pre-school I had a big breakfast since this cold weather makes me hungrier than usual and I probably will be busy during lunch time anyway.
After I fed IR we put her down for her morning nap and hubbie went over to the local barber shop for a haircut while I got my baking started.
I baked 3 caramels, 2 chocolate and 4 pound cakes. I have one order for tomorrow for 2 cakes and one order for Saturday for 3 cakes so far this week.
With this nasty weather forecast I hope they don't cancel.
I worked right through lunch as I expected while hubbie and IR ate theirs and then they played until I finished my baking.
The temperature has hovered around 36-38 degrees all day and this afternoon the snow flakes began flying pretty heavy at times. So far the ground here is too warm for anything to stick but in close by areas they already have almost a foot of spring snow.

IR loved watching the snow outside and jumping in her bouncy seat.
Toby is a huge winter storm and looks like a land hurricane swirling toward the ocean instead of coming from the ocean.
Predictions are for more snowfall overnight .

We are saying a prayer for all our budding berries and fruit trees as tonight's lows are mid 20's.
Daughter came after IR this afternoon and they both fell asleep on the couch for a good nap.
Hubbie and I got the chores done and then hunkered down for the evening listening to the howling wind outside and the temp at 10:30 is 29 degrees with snow still falling ????
Another night of wondering what we will wake up to in the morning !!
I did weekly paperwork and then watched Survivor on TV with hubbie before icing the cakes.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love of Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night.



1 comment:

linda m said...

These constant winter storms are a real bummer to me. Couple of nice days then another storm. Hope all the "buds" are okay. Blessings