Friday, March 2, 2018

WINDY FRIDAY

Up to a thankful morning that we still have our electric. Many folks around the area are not so fortunate with the high wind gust of the overnight. It is 40 degrees this morning but the wind makes it feel much much colder.
I got chores done in a hurry to get out from under the electric lines and pine trees that are in the chicken houses area.
I took RL to pre-school dodging limbs and other things that were blowing around in the roads on the way.
Back home I had my breakfast while IR napped. After I ate I starting cleaning the house. We didn't do any cleaning last week because we attended RL's event at her pre school so today was a must cleaning day.
We woke IR up at 10:30 to feed her breakfast since we didn't want her to get to far off schedule.
Uh oh she is not far away from getting around on her own and she loves to scoot around in her walker.
Hubbie and I had a late lunch after finishing the cleaning and IR ate her lunch and sacked out for another good nap. 
While she slept I got my baking started and watched the Reverend Billy Graham funeral on TV. There were over 2300 folks who gathered under a tent outside the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte to honor the Reverend.

I snapped this photo of the TV and got this double image somehow. I think it is a really neat photograph.
The funeral lasted almost an hour as all 5 of his children plus his sister and pastors from around the world all spoke. There was a private burial later in the day with just the family.
Deb, RL's other g-ma picked her up today and took her home for a short nap. She said she was also watching the funeral on TV and the bag pipes playing Amazing Grace woke RL up after just a short nap. RL was begging to come up here so Deb came for a visit. We had a nice visit while I finished my baking. I baked 6 caramel, 3 chocolate, 4 pound and 1 pan of brownies.
D-in-love came in to get RL just as I was getting the last ones out of the ovens. Daughter came after IR and also had a nice visit with Deb before they all went home.
Hubbie and I watched the early news then did evening chores. The wind is still blowing hard and there are some pretty big limbs down all around but thankfully so far nothing has hit anything.
We are in for another night of the wind and some pretty cold chill factors in the morning.
These are some of the higher wind gust that have been measured around the area.
As I went back out just as darkness fell to shut the chicken house doors the entire western horizon looked like it was on fire. This pic doesn't really do the colors justice but it was the best my cell phone would do.
I ended the day icing cakes and getting ready for market.
Thankful for a blessed day and for the love of Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night.



No comments: