Monday, October 28, 2019

CARL SANDBURG TRIP AND OCTOBER 1989

A different Monday morning today as there is no school from either g-son or RL and d-in-love is going in late so we got to sleep later and have a relaxing breakfast.
I got chores done and then the kids came and also daughter brought IR and CA over.
After d-in-love left for work the rest of us got into a couple cars and headed to Carl Sandburg's goat farm. It is a really beautiful sunny warm day so we hate to waste it staying inside.












We let there and stopped at Sub Way for lunch and then came home for all the littles to get naps.
I got my weekly laundry started and g-son and hubbie went outside to work on getting the big blue slide attached to the playhouse trailer.
The kids will have a lot of fun playing in here.
D-in-love picked up g-son and RL and then I finished my laundry loads for the day.
I got chores done and then helped hubbie put some finishing touches of the slide attachment.
And little CA turned 5 months old today !!!!

In order to get all the decade pics for October on here I am going to make this post even longer with the 1989 October activities.  That year both boys wanted to play soccer but the rec department couldn't find a coach for their team. When they exhausted all other areas for coaches I said I would do it. I knew nothing about soccer and didn't even like playing it in recess when I was in school but I took the job so they could have a team and figured I could figure it out.
Thankfully one of the boys dad's offered to help and he knew all about soccer so that made it much easier although we figured out after the first couple games if we could just manage to get them all going the correct direction on the field we had accomplished a feat !!!




#1 son turned 8 years old that year on the 16th of October. He got to celebrate twice, once with all the cousins at his great grand mother's house .


 And again at home with his favorite strawberry filled cake.



The kids got their school pictures that month also.
#1 son in the 2nd grade....
#2 son in 1st grade....

And daughter still in day care.....
The kids went all out that year dressing up for Halloween.
Thankful; for all these memories and for the blessings all along the way that got me to this day.
God Bless and Good Night








No comments: