Tuesday, October 8, 2019

MAKING MORE CHOW CHOW

Up to greet the kids and get g-son and RL off to their schools. I came home and grabbed a quick breakfast because  I have an appointment with my OB for my annual check-up.
Daughter and the girls are going with me because he is the doctor that delivered both of them and has been asking daughter to bring them by especially CA so he can see them.
Thankfully he has an office in our town once a week and I was able to get my appointment there so we didn't have to drive to Asheville.
The appointment went well and he found no problems with anything with my exam and he was very glad to see both girls.
We left there and made a stop at our favorite thrift store to kill some time until it was time to pick up RL since we were on that side of town.
Daughter and I both found a couple things at the shop in the boutique part where they keep their more expensive brand clothing.
We picked RL up and she was very glad to see IR and CA both in the car waiting for her.
We all came home in the drizzly dreary day and had lunch here.
The girls all played well all afternoon inside and these 2 older girls sure give little CA lots of attention and love.


This little girl is getting stronger each day.

Hubbie picked up g-son today because he didn't feel like going to the wrestling open gym today with the head cold and sore throat he has.
After all the kids left hubbie and I got chores done in a still very light drizzle that left only about 1/4 inch in the gauge for us but a little is better than none when it comes to rainfall right now as the drought around our area gets worse and worse.

I had some peppers and onions left over from the last time I made chow chow so tonight I had hubbie go cut a couple more fresh cabbage from our fall garden and I spent the evening making 9 more pints of chow chow.
This batch is more colorful than the last because I had yellow peppers as well as green and red and this batch will have more heat because we added more hot peppers . I let it sit for an hour in salt water.
Then  I mixed in the sugar, vinegar and spices and put it on the stove to simmer then boil to go in the jars.
All 9 pints sealed and looked very pretty and it was delicious.
I was late getting to bed after underestimating the time it would take to get this canned but I am glad I got it done.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: