Wednesday, October 30, 2019

INSIDE TRUNK OR TREAT

Got the kids off to their schools this morning and got back home to get breakfast and then get my baking done. The weather is really messy already starting this morning as I had my long raincoat and tall rain boots on getting chores done.
I baked only 2 pound cakes this morning as I am expecting a very slow rainy Halloween Thursday at market tomorrow.
CA has her pediatric doctor's appointment right after lunch today and I went with daughter and her . IR stayed here with Pawpaw. All the staff and the doctor said they couldn't wait to see her and see how she was doing and they were all very surprised and pleased.
She measured 26 inches long which is in the 80% for her age but her weight is still way down as her 12 lbs 10 ozs only put her in the 6% for her age.
She was a good patient until they gave her one of her routine shots and then she was not happy with anyone. Daughter asked that they divide the 4 vaccinations up into 2 different appointments so she'll have to have 2 more shots in a few weeks.
We came home and the rain is still coming down so daughter took the girls home for naps so they would be ready for trick or treating later.
Hubbie and I worked on the light fixture out in our sunroom but couldn't find out how to get parts to fix the light maybe we'll try again later.
We got our chores done early and headed down to #1 son's to pick up a little "sky" to go trick or treating with daughter , IR and CA. It was still raining and I had dumped 1 inch already from my gauge at chore time.
The apartment complex that daughter lived in while her house was being built was having their trick or treat tonight so that was our first stop. IR went as "batgirl".





They got vampire teeth and I think RL was happier about hers than IR !!!

We left there and headed up to our church which moved the trunk or treats inside in the classrooms.
We had pizza first to counteract some of the sugar the girls had already had.
CA went as "superwoman" this year.

The girls had a fun time doing the games as most of the "trunks" set up in the classrooms.

They met up with BB and EL who were characters from Toy Story.

G-son was one of the youth who was helping with the games.

#1 son and d-in-love and their friends were "Scooby Doo" characters.
One of the trunks was set up outside under the front drive thru and the girls treasure hunted for treats in the straw.

We brought g-son and RL here to wait until their parents got their booth cleaned up and both kids talked on and on about how much fun they had especially RL as she was overjoyed.
After they were picked up hubbie and I got things ready for market. I was thankful I didn't have any icing to do and that I had done all the paperwork for the week earlier in the afternoon.
Thankful for the blessings of family and friends and the wonderful church family God has blessed me with.
God Bless and Good Night








No comments: