Tuesday, October 22, 2019

RAINY DAY KIDS AND FOOD PRESERVATION

Up to a very rainy morning today. I got soaked getting chores done this morning.
All the way to RL's pre-school the rain really poured. There was a lot of water standing on the roads and it was hard to see. There were cars in ditches and many accidents as #1 son called to check to make sure we had made it there. Thankfully I made it there and back home without any problems .
Daughter had a hair appointment at 9:00 so she had dropped IR and CA off here while is was gone with hubbie.
CA liked the bouncy seat I cleaned for her and sat on the table.

IR had to show her all the music and movements on the seat.

I got the 3 rd load of laundry started  and then got set up to make my applesauce from the apples that had been cooking overnight in the crockpot. It was delicious and needed no sugar or flavors so I ladled it into the jars and canned 5 pints of really pretty dark red applesauce.


While I was canning IR came riding in the kitchen on this little tricycle that once was g-son's and it sure took me back to when he used to ride it around and around the table while I baked or cooked.

Daughter called and said she would pick RL up since she was on that side of town and it was close to time for her school to be over.
I put some lima beans a vendor gave me at market and also filled a couple bell pepper halves with some of the left over chicken and rice from Sunday and added some cheese and put them in the oven so we could all have lunch when they get here.
The girls wanted mac and cheese and ate very well.
CA had already had her bottle so she nursed for a few minutes and went to sleep.
We ate then the girls wanted to play so daughter held CA while she slept. I sure hope these 2 always love each other as they do now.

Since daughter was staying and helping watch the girls I made apple peel jelly from the peelings and cores of the Hoover apples that cooked all night for applesauce.
These apples are my favorite to use the peels to make jelly because of the deep red color it always comes out as.
I add cinnamon sticks to it while it boils to give it a nice rich flavor.

Even the foam is pink when it boils.

I had 14 jars of the deliciousness and the girls approved as they licked the pans and bowls.

#1 son who got rained out of work today came after RL and g-son had wrestling practice so hubbie or I didn't have any pick-ups today.
Daughter looked through some old pictures while she was here and found one of her that looks just like CA at this age. Daughter is at top and CA is at bottom.

After all the kids left hubbie went out to split some wood and I got my chores done then took a walk around the bottom pastures again tonight. My legs are sore from my walk last night and I felt like I needed to walk the soreness out and get used to my evening walks again since the weather is so nice right now.
Hubbie and I had a restful evening and an early bedtime.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: