Wednesday, October 16, 2019

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO #1 SON AND G-SON

Up to a more regular morning today with getting g-son to school then chores and then taking RL to pre-school.
We came straight back home to have breakfast then I started turning these Asian pears a neighbor gave me into jelly. I have never made jelly out of these  and couldn't find any recipes where anyone else had tried it. We don't really like eating these as they don't have much flavor so I needed something to do with this abundance of them.
The jelly turned out really good .


After I got the kitchen cleaned up from jelly making I baked cakes. I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 2 pound cakes. I was a couple cakes short because I was short on eggs but with the cold temps coming in later today I don't expect to have a really busy day tomorrow.
Today was IR's turn to have a pumpkin carving with pawpaw. She looked through some pictures and choose what she wanted her pumpkin to look like. She called it a ghost.
She really got into helping with the clean out.





Meow Meow came to help and have a pumpkin snack.




IR was very proud of the finished ghost pumpkin.


We had to go in the bathroom and close the door for the full effect of the finished product.
They took the pumpkin home to put it on their porch tonight .
Today is a special day in that both #1 son and g-son get a year older today. Happy # 38 to son and happy #13 to g-son.

After getting chores done this evening hubbie and I took my washer a part and discovered why it won't spin so we ordered the parts to fix it with and they will be here next week.
We also carried all my plants that I want to keep inside this evening since the upper 30's temps are predicted for tonight and tomorrow night. The wind is blowing tonight so it probably won't frost tonight but tomorrow night we are likely to get our first frost of the season.
I spent the remainder of the evening doing weekly paperwork, paying bills, icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: