Friday, October 25, 2019

PUMPKIN CARVING PARTY

FRIYAY !!!!!   Got g-son off to school and got chores done. Hubbie and I dropped RL off at her pre-school then made stops at Ingles and drove to Fletcher feed to get stocked back up on chicken feed.
I managed to get the oldest hens separated and am going to sell them so that should cut my feed bill and they have stopped laying so they definitely need to be gone.
We stopped by #2 son's place to check on his house progress and the walls are up .

We came home and unloaded the feed and then I started my baking. I baked 6 caramel, 1 chocolate, 2 pound, 2 applesauce, 2 blackberry wine and a pan of brownies.
I had a late lunch then rested my back for a few minutes before I iced the caramel cakes.
We are going to daughter's to have supper and carve pumpkins tonight so I didn't want to have to come home and ice these.
We got chores done early and headed over there about 5:00 to take care of the kids while she got things ready for supper.
The trees in daughter's yard are showing their pretty colors .

IR was in a Halloween mood tonight for sure.
After we ate hamburgers and sweet potato fries with all the fixings the carving party got started.






IR wanted this face which Pawpaw managed.
And Pawpaw also managed to carve this owl for Addie.



We had this big pumpkin to get a picture of CA in it like we did IR last year but CA did not think it was a fun thing to do !!!
It was a very nice way to spend an evening and the kids all had lots of fun.
When we left daughter's at 9:00 the rain was coming down pretty hard and it looked like it had been raining for a while by all the standing water. 
I got 1 chocolate cake iced and got things ready for market then went to bed to be lulled to sleep by the sound of rain drops on our metal roof. The rain is from a newly named tropical storm , Olga which is headed this way over the next couple days.

Thankful for all the blessings of this fun day.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: