Tuesday, November 22, 2011

BUSY TUESDAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING MARKET DAY

Up early to begin what I hope will be a busy day. It is still unseasonably warm this morning with the temperature in the mid 50's. We got about 1/4 inch of rain during that little spring storm we had yesterday.
When I got to market I was concerned because the parking lot was empty and no one was even shopping inside.
I got set up and got all my orders carried in before I was bombarded with customers. At one point I looked up and there was a line all the way across the isle,whew!!!
I had several burst like that of customers all day and other times it was totally dead in the entire market.
I sold very good,but didn't sell out and had 1 customer postpone picking up her order until Saturday and had a large order from a very familiar customer not get picked up.
I hope nothings wrong in her family and she just got busy and forgot,I'm sure I will hear from her before Thanksgiving Day.
I hurried home from market to meet with a security system estimator for our house and daughters. However when he gave the estimate on ours we didn't bother going to daughters. He did give me an idea that will do what we want to do without spending $1000 !!
I got the van unpacked and things put away then put together a new shelf I bought yesterday. I am sweating with the door open, this is not good to be this hot,70, and humid at this time of the year.
I did evening chores and hubby and I had a salad supper before we headed back to town to do my shopping for Saturday baking plus get some things for my Thanksgiving dinner.
I don't like driving at night and especially in the rain and tonight was an excellent example of why I shouldn't be doing that. As we were coming home it started raining and as I rounded a curve just across the bridge from our house I dropped off the road and almost hit a huge rock bank. Whew, thank you Jesus I was able to avoid a collision and made it safely home.
I just played lazy tonight and snuggled on the couch with my 4-legged kids and listened to the rain outside.
At times tonight the rain has been very hard and tornado warnings are issued for areas just east of us. The wind has been gusting along with the hard rain to make for a really nasty night.Thankfully it is a narrow band of storms and is moving pretty fast.
Tomorrow I will be fusing at myself for not doing some baking tonight but oh well it'll get done !!!
Thanking God for a very blessed day and for His undying love.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JUST WOW!

GRANNY FROM FLORIDA