Friday, November 25, 2011


Another early start to another busy day. G-son was here at 7:30 this morning as both mom and dad are working today.
We are having some trees took down and the tree cutters arrived shortly after. I did chores while they got set up and then g-son of course was not about to stay inside with all this excitement outside.
Notice he's the 4th man here as the plans develop ,of course it helps when he knows our associate pastor who is the one with his hand up.

Pastor C has been at our place several times taking trees down and it is always so nice to have someone who I totally trust doing this job.

I have nothing but awe that these guys climb so high up these trees.

With my fear of heights it almost makes me sick just seeing them up so high.

They do their jobs with such ease.

And yes they are in my chicken lot and the limbs they need to cut are across my fence.

Impressively they got the 5 large limbs that were pulling this tree toward our house all cut off and down without any damage to the fence. ( or the chickens!! )
By the way the man on the ground is pastor C's younger brother and they work together well.

This is g-son's best impression of climbing out on the limbs.

G-son's main job was to keep Annie away from the falling limbs and it looks like they both were enjoying each other.

He also got in some jeep riding on this beautiful warm morning.

All the trees and limbs were cut and on the ground by lunch time . After they were gone and daughter came in from her black Friday shopping we all headed back out to Lowes to get my washer and dryer. I got a super deal, getting the $999 each machines for $564 each !! We also went to Home Depot for daughter a storm door and then to Tractor Supply for Hubbie an air compressor that was on sale. Daughter this morning got me a storage cabinet and a new computer which I will try to get her help me hook up on Sunday maybe. We all got all the black Friday bargains we had picked out so it was a successful shopping day.
D-in-love picked up g-son and took him to the movies.
Daughter went home to bake and hubbie and I headed up to work at church.
We got home in time to clean up enough brush to open up our circular drive and get the phone line hooked back up on the side of the house before it got too dark to see.
We had left overs for supper and my cousin Mike came by and had supper with us. I'm glad to have some help cleaning up the left overs.
#1 son brought g-son back over here as he wanted to spend the night with us so he could go to the Christmas open house at market tomorrow.
Daughter brought her baked goods by on her way to her dog sitting job.
While hubbie and g-son watched TV I iced 6 caramel ,2 chocolate and 2 coconut cakes.
I have several orders for tomorrow so hopefully we'll have another good day.
It is almost midnight I'm the only one still up as usual.
Yawn !!! I'm tired and ready for a hot bath and bed for sure.
Thankful tonight for the blessings I receive and for the safety of all the young men this morning during their tree climbing.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

NCmountainwoman said...

We had a very tall tree taken down last year. I could not believe how they climbed up while holding on to a chain saw!

Glad you got some bargains and didn't encounter ugly folks with pepper spray and the like.