Friday, November 11, 2011

ELEVEN, ELEVEN, ELEVEN @ ELEVEN

Well I hope the hype of this 11/11/2011 day comes true and miraculous things happen at 11:00 today,but only God makes miracles happen and He doesn't need a special date of a day to do it.
I'm sure today is the day for miracles from God for someone, as is everyday.
This is a special day in another very thankful way as it is Veterans Day. I prayerfully thank all the men and women who have served in the armed forces to protect our right for freedom in this country.
At the elementary school where daughter works they always have a large ceremony to celebrate the day. And yesterday was no exception, as the kids all waved flags and listened to veterans speak at the program.
They also always release white doves .
The temperature was in the upper 20's this morning with a pretty thick coat of ice on all the animal's water buckets.
Hubbie is off today as well as daughter so after chores and breakfast we all headed up to church to get that job done early so we could have the rest of the day to move most of her stuff.
We loaded my van ,hubbie's truck and daughter's jeep and made it over to her house just as the Direct TV man came to hook up her TV's.
We unloaded and I loaded the dishwasher with dishes she had bought while hubbie finished hooking up her guest bathroom sink and she arranged some things. She acted overwhelmed by the amount of stuff we had carried in just in one load.As we carried it in we put most of it in her extra bedroom .
It was a good thing we got her bedroom set together last night as the TV guy stayed there over 2 hours.She put her bedroom TV on this dresser and he had wires running all around in here as well as around the living room TV.
D-in-love came by and brought us all drinks from Mcdonalds to revive us for awhile.
We came home and loaded another load in all 3 vehicles. We did evening chores before we headed back over to unload.
She carried in clothes and I unboxed some dishes and things she had boxed up from when she lived in an apartment while going to college and she was surprised to see how many glasses and cups she had. I gave her a set of old dishes I had that came from Hubbie's grandmother.
I left to come home and bake some cakes for orders tomorrow and be here when g-son came as he is spending the night with us tonight. His mom has to work early on Saturday and his dad wants to go hunting early in the morning.
When I left hubbie was putting her desk together.This thing was in many pieces.

G-son came soon after I got here and hubbie came home shortly after. We are finished moving for the day,whew !!
I baked 2 coconut,1 chocolate,2 pound and 1 wine while g-son ate everything that wasn't nailed down in the house. He had went to a friends house for dinner and apparently played instead of eating.
He and hubbie showered and are already in bed. I have 2 coconuts to ice and I'm headed to soak for a while in a hot bath to hopefully eased my sore muscles so I can begin again tomorrow.
Thanking God for the strength He gives me each day and praying for His loving comforting hand on daughter tonight as she spends her first night in her own home.
And also tonight thanking all the men and women for their unfailing patriotism and bravery in keeping us safe in the this country.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---don't see how you do all that you do, Marilyn. I admire you so much... My best friend, Judy, is like you.. She also is blessed with abundant energy.... Thanks be to God.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Your daughter's home is going to be lovely.

Hugs,
Betsy

NCmountainwoman said...

It is so wonderful to see the school children honoring the veterans.

You have really done a lot of heavy work. I can only imagine how sore your muscles must be.