Sunday, March 7, 2021

RESTFUL SUNDAY

 Well this is really a non eventful day that I feel like doesn't deserve a written post but here goes just so I won't break my streak of non missed days over the last 10+ years.  Got up , got chores done while hubbie shredded the rooster that had been cooking in the crockpot all night.  When I got back inside I made chicken enchiladas , cheese covered baked broccoli , green beans, corn on the cob and an apple crisp to have for lunch. We sat and watched Don Wilton preach his sermon at Spartanburg Baptist while things cooked.  #1 son's family, daughter's family and Re and the kids came for lunch.  Everyone enjoyed the meal and I was surprised at how good the chicken enchilada was. I can never find recipes that fit the large amount of food I cook so I have to wing it most of the time with how much of each thing I put in the recipe so I am grateful when it comes out like it did today.    Everyone left pretty early today as the wind is blowing and keeping the 50 degree temperature too cool to do anything outside.  I talked to #1 son about a project I have in mind but he has to re-evaluate things before we get into it.   Hubbie and I rested most of the afternoon away until chore time.  All I did this evening was put away some laundry so this has been a very restful Sunday which is good to have sometime.                                                                                       Thankful for the blessings of this day.                                                                                                              God Bless and Good Night