Wednesday, March 31, 2021

RAINY SPY WEDNESDAY

 Woke by pouring rain this morning. All the g-kids were here today. Hubbe took g-son to school and then I got soaked getting chores done. Back inside the girls and I had breakfast together.  I had to make a cake delivery in a down pour of some of the heaviest rain this morning.  Thankfully I made it there and back over the water covered roads and low visibility.  Back home I played with the girls until lunch time. They wanted mac and cheese and I had some chicken thighs thawed in the frig for hubbie and I so I fried them up and we ate left over kale greens with them.  CA went down for a nap soon after she ate and the older two colored quietly on the kitchen table for awhile then watched TV.   We all had a case of cabin fever this afternoon and the girls found things to argue and fuss over.  The rain continued all day until late this evening. The creek almost ran out of it's banks for the second time in less than a week.



When the rain stopped there was 1.7 inches in the gauge. Thankfully the temperature stayed up today in the upper 50's before it crashes for the next several days bringing winter back in what is called the Easter Cold Spell.  Some are calling it our Dogwood Winter but our Dogwood trees aren't blooming yet.

After the girls were all picked up hubbie and I watched the early news and then hubbie went to collect trash and recyclables here and at daughters house. I got chores done and then went to my office to pay bills for the week.  Hopefully we will get to run errands tomorrow if the wind doesn't blow as hard as they are predicting, if it does we probably will wait until Friday to go out.
The sunset was really pretty tonight and the only sun we have seen all day.

Holy Week Wednesday is also called "spy" Wednesday because it was the day Judas decided to betray Jesus.

A prayer for this day in Holy Week.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless , Good Night and Happy Easter


No comments: