Tuesday, December 29, 2020

"COLD MOON" LAST FULL MOON OF 2020

 Up to another beautiful sunny morning and the temperature is already above freezing at 37 degrees as I head out to get chores done.

After chores I had breakfast with IR and CA who wanted to stay with me while daughter delivered her cakes to the produce stand. Hubbie is also gone this morning to get his truck inspected so we can renew his tag online today.  The girls and I ate and watched cartoons until hubbie got home.  We all played until daughter got back , she had stopped in Sam's Club to see if they had any after Christmas sales but she struck out there also.   We all had lunch and I got hubbie's tag on it's way and did some market business online.    After daughter and the girls left hubbie and I went outside in the very warm sunny afternoon with temps in the upper 50's and took down and put away all the outside Christmas decorations.  I wanted to get them all stored away dry before more rain comes in tomorrow and for the next several days.  After we finished that we decided to get out the clippers and chainsaw and cut down all the Walnut and Wild Cherry trees that are growing on the bank below my sewing shop. Hubbie cut and I dragged all the brush and tree trunks down into the woods.  I know I will be sore tomorrow but this had to be done. It is one of those jobs that we have been putting off for a while and had decided we would get it done during this vacation time.   Thankfully we were able to get it done today.   After a short rest it was choretime.  The moon is a lot lower tonight than it was last night at this same time. This always amazes me when I see the moons different position each night while everything else looks like it is in the same place. The explanation I remember from science classes is that the moon is also orbiting the earth along with the earth moving. It takes the moon 27 days to orbit the earth so it is in a different position each night. This is where the moon was at the same time I took the picture last night of it already above these trees.

I watched it slowly work it's way above the trees and through the clouds tonight. 


In the other direction of the sky the sunset was beautiful tonight probably the last colorful sunset of 2020 with all the rain predicted for the rest of the year.


I did weekly paperwork and paid bills tonight and then sat with my new weighted heating pad on my aching knees. And I can tell my back will also be sore tomorrow after using muscles that I don't regularly use.
Thankful that we are healthy enough to work like we did today and thankful for all the other blessings of this day. 
God Bless, Good Night and Happy New Years




No comments: