Saturday, December 26, 2020

COLDEST TEMPS OF THE SEASON SO FAR

 BRRRRR !!!!!   It is 12 degrees this morning as I start out to get the morning chores done.  Hubbie carried 3 gallons of hot water up to the chicken houses so I could thaw out the water and let them get a good drink.  It isn't going to warm up above freezing again today so I know the water will soon be frozen again.   We took the quilts and blankets off the plastic covering the winter vegetable beds so that the sun could warm them through the plastic hopefully.   There was some ice on the inside of the plastic so we will have to see if we have frozen plants or not when it warms up enough in the coming days to peek inside.  Back inside we had breakfast then waited for the sun to melt the slick spots off the main roads before we headed out to Ingles on the other side of town to pick up supplies for tomorrow's lunch.  We want to have vegetable soup and sliders so I need to pick up some Boars Head sandwich meats and some Hawaiian rolls to make the sliders.      We went straight there and back home.  Hubbie went outside to work in his wood pile and I put away laundry and did some house cleaning.  This year I am leaving my decorations up until after New Years to enjoy them more. Usually I have to take them down before then because the kids go back to school right after New Years but this year the schools are closed for at least the week after so that gives me an extra week to enjoy the Christmas lights and decor.  I will probably take the outside decorations down in the coming days before it rains again at the end of the week so they won't get wet again.   This is one of those totally uneventful days and as I get the evening chores done and get back in the warm house to relax for the evening I am thankful for the blessings that have come my way over this joyous season and remain forever humbled by the goodness of our precious Savior ,Jesus Christ.   Hopefully your holiday was joyous and safe .                                  God Bless, Good Night and Happy New Year

No comments: