Thursday, December 3, 2020

COLDEST MORNING AND MORE DECORATING

 Up to greet IR and CA only today. RL has a dentist appointment early this morning so d-in-love is dropping g-son at school on her way there.   It is the coldest morning so far at 19 degrees here. Seems the forecasters are missing temperatures ay about 5-6 degrees to high each night in our area.  There was a heavy frost on everything this morning and thick ice on the water pans for sure but it was still a beautiful morning.                                            

We all had breakfast when I got back inside. After we finished eating IR begged to decorate a Christmas tree so we went out in the sunroom and I let her put all the snowflakes and apples on this tree. She did a great job of placing them around and was so proud of herself.                                                                         


I laughed when she ran to get CA when as soon as CA woke from her nap to take her out and show her the tree and they both danced around it.                                                                                                        I went alone to Aldi to pick up our grocery order while hubbie stayed home with the girls as they wanted to watch something on TV. I also got gas and picked up lunch on the way home.  We ate lunch when I got here, they all had pizza and I had a fresh salad from my garden beds.   I am so thankful to have fresh vegetables to go out and pick this time of year. This broccoli is doing so well under the plastic row cover that we used.                                                                                                                      
We are sort of experimenting this year with these covers to see how it goes and what will grow under them.  So far along with the broccoli I have lettuce, swiss chard, spinach, carrots and box choy doing well and we still have uncovered rows of Kale and Collards doing well in the garden.  We want to see how long the uncovered things go so we will know whether to cover them next year or not.  I know it depends on the weather and the temperatures do vary so we will see what happens and them decide.        After the girls left this evening hubbie and I went out to get chores done.  This beautiful moon is still pretty full as it rises in a clear sky tonight.                                                                                                    
I did more decorating tonight and got the sunroom pretty much done .   I need to get all the plastic containers back in the shed so I have more room to move around.                                                               Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Reason for the Season !!
God Bless, Good Night and Merry Christmas

No comments: