Thursday, October 25, 2018

DIGGING POTATOES AND FIRST TRUNK OR TREAT OF THIS SEASON

Amen.....
Another scrambling crazy Thursday morning as we all get ready for our day. I got chores done and got ready for market while hubbie fed the girls breakfast. I grabbed my usual market day glass of Kieffer for my breakfast with a cup of to go coffee.
Hubbie took IR with him on to market and I dropped RL off at pre-school on my way to market. Her school had their Fall carnival display up and she surprisingly wanted me to take a picture of her beside it.
It is a cloudy cold day with temps in the upper 30's again to start the day.
Market was pretty empty today but I wound up having a surprisingly good sales day. There is already some Christmas décor going up in the market with this tree displaying homemade ornaments.
The soup lady had some delicious pumpkin soup today that really hit the spot on this cold day. I've never eaten pumpkin soup but this was really good and very flavorful .

IR's other g-ma , Connie came to pick her up about 10:00 and we had a nice visit while she waited on one of her son's, Ben to bring her something.
Hubbie left to get his dump / recycle run done and stopped by Sam' s Club. He took the groceries from Sam's home and then went to get a haircut at the local barbershop.
Bad news at market as the oldest market member at 92 was transferred from the hospital to Elizabeth House just after lunch today with an incurable colostomy leak. My prayers are with the Ledbetter family tonight as they travel this road to say good bye to Louise.
I left market and made stops at the bank, Aldi and Farm Bureau Insurance to pay 3 policies that are due this month. I also made a stop at CVS drug store to get a bottle of throat spray and some cough drops for tonight if the tickle in my throat comes back. I lost a lot of sleep last night fighting the coughing urge it gave me.
Hubbie was just finishing digging the remainder of our potatoes when I got here. We have been eating our potatoes and only had a couple rows left to dig and there wasn't many potatoes in these rows. We didn't buy new seed potatoes last spring instead just planted some of the potatoes we had left over so with only this many potatoes this year I'm sure we will need to buy new seed this coming spring.

We got things unloaded from the Honda and got the groceries put away before daughter got here with g-son and IR.  D-in-love took RL to the doctor this afternoon to check on a sore in her nose and they gave her some antibiotics to hopefully clear it up. She came by to pick up g-son and then hurried home to get ready for a camping trip.
I changed clothes and daughter, IR and I went over to check out daughter's house that came in today on her property. They are supposed to set it up the first of next week but thankfully got it here before the rain started. Hubbie happened to see it as they pulled it up the road beside our place.



It is a huge house and the trailer that hauled it had 8 wheels on each side.
Daughter is excited it is finally here after a month delay.
We made it out to school with IR for her first Halloween event of this year as the high school daughter works at is hosting a trunk or treat for the kids tonight. Each club and team sets up a trunk and gives candy out to the kids . There was really a large crowd tonight both of trunks and kids.
And of course our little chicken got right into gathering candy !!!





It was really cold walking around so after we made a complete round of all the trunks daughter who had to stay with her basketball team's trunk went to sit in her van with IR and son-in-love and I came home to get my evening chores done.
It really feels like winter outside this evening with the dampness.
I got chores done and put a new cover over one of the outside rooster's nighttime roosting place to help keep him dry and a little warmer. I made it inside before the rain started.
Hubbie and I both are feeling under the weather tonight so hot baths and early bedtime is on the menu for tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day. Praying for God's comfort for the Ledbetter family.
God Bless and Good Night.





1 comment:

linda m said...

Love all the pictures. Blessings to you and the family.