Tuesday, October 30, 2018

JACK-O-LANTERN CARVING

Amen.....
Boy oh boy what a nasty night I had. I coughed all night and nothing I tried would even calm it enough to get to sleep.
Daughter isn't working again today so that means hubbie takes g-son to school and I do chores then take RL to pre-school.
On the way home I stopped by minit clinic to see what the wait time was. It said 18 minutes so I signed in and sat down. Of course that time was wrong and finally after an almost hour wait I was called back.
The nurse there said my lungs sounded awful and gave me a z-pack and some cough pearls .
I headed home to have a late breakfast and then as hubbie was finishing up changing the oil and filter in his truck we left early to stop by the Amazon return place on the way to pick up RL to look again for a new gate for my computer corner in the living room. We hit it lucky today and they had one that only had one small bent part and it was black to match the one we already have around our wood stove.
We left there and picked up RL then took her to Burger King for her favorite cheese burger happy meal.
She surprises me constantly with her recollection of things and people as she looked up at a man standing in line as we left and said "I saw you here yesterday" . And yes this man was there in line behind us not yesterday but the last time we came here for lunch a couple weeks ago !!!!
We made a trip to another apple house that some friends of ours run and they are having a sale of their apple cider because tomorrow is the last day open. We got 2 gallons of cider and RL got to drive me around in this tractor. She said we were going through the apple orchard and she was trying not to hit any trees ????
RL chattered all the way home about how she wanted her Jack-O-Lantern that hubbie and she was going to carve to look.
She couldn't wait to get out of the car and pick out a pumpkin from the group of crossed up pumpkin and squash we grew in the garden this year. Since all the places we visited were out of pumpkins to sell.  The 2 in the tractor picture above were already sold.
She picked a nice one and hubbie got her some gloves .
She dove right in to clean out all the seeds grinning from ear to ear to whole time.



She told hubbie what she wanted it to look like and they went to work.




She discovered that the flesh was pretty tasty .


She was pleased with the finished product !!!
We brought it inside and put a small candle in it but in the daylight it didn't light up to much.
She blew the candle out and wanted to draw some finishing touches on "Willy's " face !!
She took it home with her so she could light it tonight when it got dark but d-in-love sent me a picture of her asleep on the couch before dark so maybe she'll get to light it tomorrow night.
This little girl plays hard and goes 100% all day and when she crashes she crashes !
Daughter brought IR over this afternoon about 3:00 so she could take some of the basketball team to the media day in Asheville at 5:00. 
After RL left IR and hubbie fed all the dogs while I took care of my guineas, chickens, quails and the cat.
We were just finishing up when son-in-love came after IR.  They got some bad news on their house set up. The crane that was supposed to come today and set it up broke down and they couldn't get it fixed to do the set up tomorrow either so now they have to wait for another weather window to do the set up because after tomorrow it is supposed to rain.
After they left hubbie and I set up the new gate in the living room and it looks good and matches the old one perfectly.
I got IR's chicken suit made this evening by sewing all these feather boas onto a white onesie.
It 's been a busy day and tomorrow looks to be even busier . I just pray for a better night of sleep so I can face the business of the day.
I took some of the cough pearls I got today but so far they don't seem to be helping the cough at all.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the wonderful grace of an amazing Savior .
God Bless and Good Night









1 comment:

linda m said...

Praying for you to get better soon. RL did a very good job on her pumpkin. Blessings