Wednesday, October 17, 2018

WINDOW WASHING AND CHAMPIONSHIP SOCCER GAME

Amen......

Up to greet a cloudy day. As I went out to get chores done after getting the kids all set up for their breakfast I looked at the sun trying it's best to find a crack in the thick cloud cover. There was 6/10ths inch of rain in the gauge this morning from yesterday and last night's rain.
I took RL to pre-school and then came home to have my breakfast.  After I ate hubbie entertained IR while I baked cakes. I baked 2 chocolate, 2 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies. I intended to bake 6 caramel but didn't have enough eggs and didn't feel it was necessary enough to have these to go back to the store for more eggs.
I had gotten a text last night as soon as I put the ad on Craiglist for the roosters I have for sale that said they were interested in the roosters. It was pretty late and I wanted to get to bed so I didn't respond.
This morning I got another text from the same number and they are coming to get all the roosters.
They arrived just as I got everything in the ovens so I put the timer in my pocket and went out to catch the roosters from the pen I had them in. 
These men drove all the way from Canton to get the roosters and they also took one of the older hens I am going to sell.
I came back inside just in time to get the cakes all out of the ovens. 
Hubbie got IR to sleep while I worked in the sunroom washing the inside of the windows. When IR went to sleep he helped me and we got the high side windows washed on the outside with the help of a tall ladder.
A couple of the windows have gas leaks in them and are foggy looking but with the cleaning this room looks so much lighter.

I finished the inside cleaning and vacuuming and then when IR woke up we had lunch.
After a late lunch I played with her while hubbie collected all the recyclables and trash for tomorrow's dump run. Then he played with her while I got some paperwork done for the week.
G-son's championship soccer game is this afternoon so we all got ready and went out to the school. Thankful that it is at their home field and it is a beautiful day for a game .
There is a breeze today in the mid 60's temps that make it feel very comfortable out here.
The players get water before the game starts. G-son is the second from left in this pic.
IR got bored and spent her time walking back and forth in the bleachers between #1 son and hubbie and behind her mom and me.

It was a very rough good game and ended in a tie.
After 2 five minute overtime quarters and they were still knotted at 3-3 they went to penalty kicks and sadly the last little 6th grade player kicked the ball straight into the opposing teams goalie's hands. I felt so bad for this little guy as he lay on the field in tears.
He came around and joined the team as they lined up to shake hands for the last time this season.
We came home to get the chores done late just before dark and this sky tonight was pretty amazing.
We spent the evening getting things ready for market, icing cakes and finishing the paperwork and bill paying for the week.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: