Friday, October 12, 2018

FIRST JACK-O-LANTERN MAKING

Double Amen on this one.
Up to get things back on the regular schedule this morning. Fed g-son and sent him off to school with daughter while hubbie got RL and IR settled for their breakfast. I got chores done, brrrr !!!  Fall is here this morning with a windy 48 degrees.
I took RL to pre-school and checked out her school pics before I left there. They are all so good it is going to be a hard decision to choose the ones we want to order.
Connie, IR's other g-ma picked her up from the house this morning around 9:00 so she was already gone when I got home. I had my breakfast and then hubbie and I took off on a search mission to find a higher TV stand.
We turned the cattle back down into the lower pastures although they were still standing pretty full of water.

Luckily we found an old side bar or something, we are not sure what it was used for ,that would work in the first resale shop we went into. We decided to look around a bit more for something a little cheaper but didn't find anything so hubbie will take his truck by tomorrow on the way home from market and pick it up for $100.  The regular price was $150 and I was hoping for $75 but she wouldn't go any lower than $100.
But it is pretty perfect with a little work. I will post pics tomorrow.
We picked up RL from pre-school. She was funny as she made the teacher zip her jacket and put her hood tight on her head to face the still blowing cool wind and it has only warmed to about 58 degrees.

She cried when she saw IR wasn't in the car but then we made a couple stops with her alone and I think she was enjoying getting all the attention for a change. We don't usually have just her so we made it a special day and took her out to lunch. She was loving that hamburger !!

She went to sleep on the way home and hubbie brought her inside to the couch while I got my baking supplies gathered and started my baking for the day.
I baked 6 caramel, 1 coconut, 4 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies.
While the last ones were in the ovens RL and I went outside to make a couple Jack-O-Lanterns from some little pumpkins I had bought for her. I set the timer on my ovens and took it outside with us.
She wanted me to draw the faces and for her to put their "Hair" on !!! She had a blast doing this.


She made one for IR and wanted me to send her a picture so she could see it.
Jack-O-Lanterns  RL style !!!
My oven timer went off and we headed back inside until her mom picked her up. She was proud to show her jack-o-lantern to her mom and took it home to go on the shelf with some of mom's decorations.

Hubbie and I got chores done then I iced cakes and got things ready for market tomorrow.
I am very grateful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: