Friday, October 26, 2018

RAINY FRIDAY

Amen...….
A very rainy morning to wake to . It is a teacher workday today so we only have IR as her mom has workshops to attend today. RL and g-son are with their parents on a camping trip to Cherokee. Unfortunately it is raining there also today.
Hubbie took one look at me this morning when I got up at 7am and said "why don't you try to get some extra sleep and hope for a break in the rain before you have to get outside" I didn't argue and went back to bed  for an extra hour of sleep.
The break in the rain didn't come though and I did chores in a pouring rain.
I had breakfast then got started with my baking. There are already some trees falling around the county knocking out power and they say the wind is going to start blowing this afternoon so I wanted to get my baking done this morning. I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 4 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies then we all had lunch.
IR went down for a nap after we ate so hubbie and I did some house cleaning.  We had moved a large shelf into the playroom last week and want to re-arrange in there so we can put one of the little climbing castles in there so we worked in there going through toys and getting things organized all afternoon.
Daughter came in about 3:00 but needed to go over some things on the on-line class she teaches so hubbie, IR and I continued our toy sorting in the living room.
After daughter and IR left hubbie and I did chores. We moved the garden chicken tractor out from under some leaning pine trees in case the high winds finally get here tonight.
Thankfully the heavy rains have stopped but there was a whooping 2.5 inches in the rain gauge this evening.
D-in-love sent me some pics from their camping trip and thankfully the rain slacked enough for them to get out and have some fun with their friends Aiden, Nicholas and Karlie.






I spent the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market in the morning.
Hubbie and I both are still fighting this cold/ cough/ yuck we have so we both took doses of Nyquil tonight before bedtime so I hope one of us can hear the alarm in the morning.
Today has been the first day of use for the oil diffuser and the Eucalyptus aroma hit the spot today with my stuffed up head.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: